The XBOX One

I think this is a great answer to the “I just got this new console, now what” problem the new console buyer can have.

Not so much for the guy who’s been buying Xbox games right up to three days ago in the big BC sale. But then I knew where the Game Pass candidates were coming from, didn’t I?

EDIT: the list

A Kingdom for Keflings
The Book of Unwritten Tales 2
Comix Zone
Defense Grid 2
Electronic Super Joy
Farming Simulator 15
Gears of War 3
Hexic 2
IDARB
A World of Keflings
Age of Booty
Banjo-Kazooie
Double Dragon Neon
Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara
Fable III
Final Fight: DblImpact
FLOCK!
Galaga Legions DX
Gears of War
Gears of War 2
Gears of War: Judgment
Gears of War: Ultimate Edition - Day One Version
GRID 2
Halo 5: Guardians
Halo: Spartan Assault
Iron Brigade
Jetpac Refuelled
Joe Danger 2: The Movie
Joe Danger Special Edition
Joy Ride Turbo
JumpJet Rex
Kameo
Banjo Kazooie: N n B
Banjo-Tooie
BC - Rearmed 2
BioShock
BioShock 2
BioShock Infinite
Blood Bowl 2
Borderlands
Bound by Flame
Braid
Brothers: a Tale of Two Sons
CAPCOM ARCADE CABINET
CastleStorm
Comic Jumper
D4: Dark Dreams Don’t Die
Dark Void
de Blob 2
Defense Grid
DIG DUG
DmC Devil May Cry: Definitive Edition
Knight Squad
KYUB
Layers of Fear
LEGO Batman
Lumo
Mad Max
MASSIVE CHALICE
Max: The Curse of Brotherhood
Mega Coin Squad
Mega Man™ Legacy Collection
Metal Slug 3
Monday Night Combat
Ms. Splosion Man™
MX vs ATV Reflex
N+
NBA 2K16
NEOGEO BATTLE COLISEUM
OlliOlli
OF: Dragon Rising
PAC-MAN CE DX+
PAC-MAN MUSEUM
PAYDAY 2: CRIMEWAVE EDITION
Perfect Dark Zero
Pumped BMX +
Resident Evil 0
Roundabout
Sacred 3
Saints Row IV: Re-Elected
Sam&Max Beyond Time…
Sam&Max Save the World
Samurai Shodown II
ScreamRide
Sega Vintage Collection: Alex Kidd & Co.
Sega Vintage Collection: Golden Axe
Sega Vintage Collection: Monster World
Sega Vintage Collection: Streets of Rage
Shantae and the Pirate’s Curse
SOULCALIBUR
SOULCALIBUR II HD
Spelunky
Splosion Man
Stacking
Steredenn
Strider
Sunset Overdrive
Super Mega Baseball: Extra Innings
Super Time Force
TEKKEN TAG TOURNAMENT 2
Terraria
The Golf Club
KOF98UM
The Maw
The Swapper
Toy Soldiers
Toy Soldiers: Cold War
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown
Viva Piñata
Viva Piñata: TIP
WWE 2K16
XCOM: Enemy Within

Off the top of my head, I know I own 49 of them on the Xbox platform, let alone other consoles or PC.

It’s not a bad game - if you enjoyed the first few RE games then this is more of the same but much prettier. It was enjoyable but never did finish it on the GC; put it down to play something else and just never bothered going back to it. As much as I loved the earlier games, I think RE4’s controls spoiled me for RE games and I had played that sometime just before RE 0.

The list is a somewhat disappointing. Even MS has only included a few of their own stuff like Halo 5 and the Gears games which I think most Xbox owners have gotten in multiple ways already. Not even a single Forza game or such. Also the complete lack of the other major publishers like Activision, Ubisoft, and EA makes this a harder sell IMO. I feel they are gonna have to up the content allot to make this viable.

At least they have 2K and Warner Bros. (Bioshock games, Mad Max)

I think it’s more a commentary on the lack of exclusive games for them to offer than anything. Xbox One is just sorely lacking in interesting games, especially ones you can’t play on another platform, especially if you own a PC.

Well, the PC part is by design though, and kudos to them for doing it that way. I wish Sony would put their exclusives on the PC too, like Microsoft is doing. So sush you! Don’t be discouraging a good thing.

When I get a new console, I want to play something relatively new and hot, not some old Gears of War games. Maybe that’s just me.

Not to mention, you can pick up some of those old games for a few bucks at Gamestop.

I don’t see much value in it, unless they get some newer titles in there. That’s $120/yr. You can buy a stack of used games for that and own them permanently.

I’d like to do both, myself. Or at least have the option of doing both. But I’d be a lot more enthusiastic if the list were bigger, or didn’t lean so much on stuff that’s already been GwG. Hopefully, like the back compat effort, it’s a work in progress.

If anybody does get this. Download Sunset Overdrive. It’s one of the best “unknown” Xbox games that more people need to play. A game that’s just about having crazy fun in an cartoonish and colorful world.

I tried today. First via the website and it wouldn’t complete (no error, just kept asking if I wanted to join even after I’d joined). Next I tried from my Xbox and you have to enter a CC number for the month after the 14 day trial. I don’t have a CC entered and it apparently doesn’t take all the money I’ve added via Live cards. There is a place to enter a code too, but I couldn’t find any code cards listed for a Game Pass specifically. Guess I’ll wait and see how it shakes out when it goes live for everyone and see if I can join without adding a CC (or paypal too)

Yeah, subscriptions currently can’t be fulfilled using your Microsoft Account credit / gift cards. That feature is being actively built and should be ready sometime later this year.

I really wanted to like Sunset Overdrive but just hated the controls and game flow. Really seemed like it’d be right up my alley too.

Begging your pardon, but that’s crazy talk. Sunset Overdrive is a non-stop punk rock explosionpalooza. It’s like somebody shoved Jet Set Radio and Ratchet & Clank in a closet with a bottle of tequila and said “see you in nine months.” It’s got the lead singer from the Melvins, fer chrissake. I dare say it has everything.

What??? Buzz Osbourne is in this??? It was a GwG a few months ago; i will definitely be playing it now!

Yep, totally is. Now get on out there and blow shit up.

Yeah me too, just didn’t work for me even though I wanted it to.

Will definitely hop on that Game Plan. But man, the UI of the XBox One is just so counter-intuitive to me. Hopping from the PS4 to XBOne it is night and day.

I played a bit of Overwatch over the weekend, and I have some grievances. There’s a device called XIM4 that lets you play games with keyboard and mouse on your console. Take a look at this:

I had the misfortune of getting matched against teams using these things over the weekend. I saw shit in the killcams that was only possible if you’re using a mouse. Widowmaker popping off aerial snipes, snapping instantly to targets. Genjis doing instant 180s,Soldier’'s reticle flying across the screen and stopping instantly.

If I wanted to play with a mouse, I’d play games on PC. I don’t like gaming with a mouse, so I play on console. If people on console are using a mouse now, I don’t want to play FPS games on console anymore. It’s not just me! Jeff Kaplan agrees: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20753235853?page=3#post-58

So, how do we get Microsoft to ban these things? Otherwise I don’t see myself renewing Xbox live.

I don’t play Halo 5 or Overwatch on XB1 anymore for this reason. Waste of $120 at this point.

Lately it’s all been shooters that don’t seem as saturated with these types of players, like the PvZ Garden Warfare series, or single player modes and shooters.

The kids and I have had many 4 player races in Speedrunners since the first. The game is a ton of fun and leads to much trash talk.

I love that MS has a lot of local multiplayer games in their GwG line up. Great way to provide opportunities for family fun on the console.

Wendelius