The XBOX One

Looks like What Remains of Edith Finch is coming to Xbox One next Tuesday, July 19. Heard good things about that one. I’m finding that as more indies, specifically indie walking sims or point-and-click adventure games are releasing on consoles, that I’m having trouble deciding which would work better on PC or Xbox. I tend to buy Telltale on Xbox, for instance, they just seem more suited for casual couch and TV play. Played Firewatch and Oxenfree on PC, mainly because I got them cheaper there. Kind of a weird situation for me, I love those games but I don’t always know where they play best.

Fighting game fans, heads up: Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition is now backward compatible on the Xbone. You may already own this, it was GwG a few years back.

Hey, you’re right, I didn’t remember owning that at all:

Available: June 16, 2014-June 30, 2014 - “Bonus download” to celebrate one-year anniversary of Games with Gold.

I guess I’ll try it. The last fighting game I tried (“free” Injustice thanks to PS+) almost made me decide I’ll probably never like fighting games again.

More BC games added:

Costume Quest 2
Frontlines: Fuel of War
Quantum Conundrum
Virtua Fighter 2

I do own Frontlines I think. I never did get around to trying it. Too many better games had come out by the time I got it out of the bargain bin I think.

Yeah I apparently bought Quantum Conundrum at some point? Need to give that one a go.

Wow Crackdown and Katamari would be huge for BC, hope that is true!

So … the return of XBLIG?

Apparently this allows developers to put games up directly on the marketplace, have no achievements, much like the old XBLIG stuff - haven’t seen these yet but I’m curious to take a look.

August GwG announced:

On Xbox One:
Slime Rancher, Aug 1-31
Trials Fusion, Aug 16-Sep 15

On Xbox 360 and Back Compat:
Bayonetta, Aug 1-15
Red Faction Armageddon, Aug 16-31

Nice!

Other than Switch, I am really limiting my purchases now. Soooo many things I have considered buying have come to me through Xbox Live GwG, PlayStation Plus or the Humble Monthly lately. Slime Rancher and Trials Fusion are now off the wishlists!

I have no idea if I’ll like Slime Rancher.

I already own Trials Fusion.

Yay! I finally get to play Bayonetta! Sweet.

And maybe this will be a good excuse to finally finish RFA. I loved the game, but I lost steam in the main campaign when I got to the final area, the really dangerous white zone. By the way, how freaking cool was deathmatch in RFA? I think someone on the development team must have been a huge fan of the original Halo, since their pistol was just very close in feel to the Halo pistol. But I just loved the destruction combined with deathmatch. Chasing someone as they broke through walls and ceilings, it was thrilling. Way more interesting than any other form of deathmatch.

Pip at RPS just put up a video of Slime Rancher, should give you an idea.

Good month for me, I don’t own any of them. Never heard of Slime Rancher but seems like quite a few folks, including Telefrog, are excited to see it in the lineup. Need to do my homework.

Bayonetta has been on my “to buy” list forever, but meant to get a physical copy so never bit when digital copies were on sale but definitely downloading tonight.

Not so excited about other titles.

Cool! I’ve been on the verge of grabbing this many times.

Slime Rancher looks really cool! I never saw any video or screenshots of it, so I just assumed it was a 2D game kind of like Stardew Valley.

I can’t find much out about Slime Rancher. Looks like it was an early release game on Steam and there are some favorable impressions, but not much else.

Try here:

It did not occur to me to look for a thread, thanks.

How is the new player experience for slime rancher these days? It’s difficult for me to justify playing new games that need wikis to get past trial and error.