The XBOX One

Yep, pull a Minecraft with it. It’s not worth $2 billion but it’s probably worth several million.

Wait your actually serious with that statement…

ashton-kutcher-laughing-top-10-vine-videos

As someone who only owns and plays on Xbox and has got a backlog of open world games, I kinda disagree with that one.

My son came over with his PS4 Pro and showed me a bit of Horizon (story and hunting turret equipped T-Rex’s). By the time he went to bed, I restarted the story and played until very late in the night.

The story, the characterisation, the world they built were really interesting and drew me in. And then the mechanical dinosaurs showed up, hunting me as I moved through the task grass.

If I had the money, I works definitely consider getting a PS4 to keep playing that game and potentially the Naughty Dog ones.

Horizon seems more like a system seller than any recent Xbox exclusive I’ve played.

But then again, Sunset Overdrive wasn’t really my cup of tea. So your mileage might vary.

Gee what was the QT3 game if the year again?

Yakuza 0 also great on PS4, and Nioh was PS4 only for several months before it als got a PC release. Also Bloodborne from From Software which may be the best game this generation.

PS4 has such a wide variety of exclusives, there’s sure to be at least one that appeals to everyone. For me it was Last of Us Remastered and Bloodborne. Xbox kind of tried something similar but failed so far. Though for me, it was Forza 5 and Ryse and Powerstar Golf and Forza Horizon 3 and Cuphead. For Divedivedive it was Sunset Overdrive. Hopefully I’ll connect with Sea of Thieves even though I don’t particularly like pirate-themed stuff.

The one I’m jealous of these days is the Switch. As much as I doubt I’ll connect with Zelda, I bet I’d love the new Mario and maybe some of the other stuff. Nintendo does a good job of making pretty widely appealing games.

I’m really looking forward to trying that one. Though it definitely seems like it will be most fun if I can play with friendly Qt3ers on a regular basis.

I was pretty sure I was going to preorder Sea of Thieves but now I’m thinking I may just sign up with Game Pass. Which is kind of crazy because previously it just seemed like a good idea but mostly had games I already owned. Adding games day one is a really good value proposition for folks like me.

Well that’s the difference I imagine. If I actually tried the game I might feel differently. Note to self: never play Horizon.

Absolutely nothing.

But much like Netflix, the plan is to continue putting new games into the service regularly so that you’ll always want to stay subscribed (or at least subscribe more often than not).

I remember when people questioned Netflix for the same thing when they announced that entire seasons would drop at the same time instead of week-by-week. But Netflix had a stellar rollout at first and it continued from there. Instead of keeping people subscribed by just dropping one episode a week, they basically dropped a can’t-miss new series almost every single month.

Netflix is also sinking billions into content to keep the machine fed.

MS needs to lay out their cards at E3, because there’s not a lot of meat on this chicken.

Netflix is sinking billions into it now. They weren’t when they first launched House of Cards, Orange is the New Black, and their other first original series five years ago.

Not that Microsoft needs to follow the exact same path, but it’s not really a fair comparison either.

On the other hand, they had a much better movie selection back then. In the US anyway.

Netflix was already getting subscription dollars from the disc business.

Now I’m sad that Amazon hasn’t dumped billions into videogames.

Yeah, but a 4k console w/4k BluRay costs less than a decent video card upgrade nowadays (thanks bitcoin miners!).

Hell, I can’t even keep up with the games with gold freebies that I like. At least those are free into the backlog. One of these days I may try out the $1 for 1 Month game pass trial, but I’m swamped as is.

Microsoft has more or less decided that Xbox will have no exclusives anymore- at least if you count PC, which most here do. Sure, some of that is not really by choice- the third parties mostly decided against them this generation (Japanese especially). But now they’ve decided that even every first-party game is Play Anywhere, and that means no more exclusives.

I only own an Xbox, and mostly bought it for indie early access have stuff (as I don’t have a PC to play games on)- I bought it on sale days after they announced the early access program with Elite: Dangerous launching immediately. Sure, is kind of like a PS4 for stuff like Horizon or Bloodborne, but past those, nearly everything I want to play is multiplatform and the Xbox system software/interface/controllers/Live is just better.

Welp guess I’m getting Game Pass on March 19th. First month free amirite? :)

Think there’s a 2 week trial if I remember correctly.

I think this change to Game Pass is a terrible idea and I agree with Crapgamer’s take on this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGY6Ch5QvCc