The XBOX One

Conviction was the 2010 game, and it was pretty good. And, yes, it had the talky NPCs.

That comic is one of the best they’ve ever done. It really captured the tone of that game so well, and it’s hilarious.

That is funny, and I totally don’t remember all that chatter. Maybe I didn’t play that one. What was the one where you could mark the enemies and then just totally murder them all with one button press?

I remember Conviction being one of my favorites because it didn’t shy away from combat, but rather made “action stealth” a viable and fun strategy.

Well, it does seem like you routinely add over 3k gamerscore a month, so… I can understand if you don’t remember them all!

It’s possible I have a problem.

I’m seeing a promo on my home screen that Xbox Live Gold members get 50% off the Gamepass. But when I click the promo it just takes me to the Games With Gold page and the only mention of Gamepass is the standard 14 day trial.

Anybody know how to get the half-off deal?

Could try from here, it shows as $5 when I sign in:

Oh, if that’s the deal I’ll pass. I didn’t realize it was a month-to-month promo, I was expecting an annual subscription.

Thanks for the link.

To the best of my knowledge Game Pass isn’t offered annually. I’m hoping that will change soon. But the monthly subscription does stack, so you could buy six and you’d be covered for six months. Though I should probably point that’s second hand knowledge, I haven’t signed up yet myself.

Okay, yea I just did 12 separate $5.00 purchases and they all stacked. I thought the deal might be a one-time thing, so it didn’t occur to me I could just buy one discounted month over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.

Thanks for the info.

So I picked up a year’s worth of time for $60, minus some store credit I had sitting there from xbox rewards or something.

Does one need to activate the free trial first to see the reduced price? I’m signed in and it still shows as $9.99 for me.

Is the deal for selective users?

I didn’t use the free trial first. I also read on Reddit that the deal wasn’t showing up on the MS store for some people until they logged out and back in.

Whoa, wonder if that was intentional.

Codes always stack, AFAIK… it’s just like Xbox live codes.

This article says that the half-off Game Pass deal is targeted and not everyone will see it. I have no idea if that’s accurate, just putting it out there:

Man, since it was visible to me I hope it’s being targeted to awesome people and not pathetic losers.

Sinc we both see the deal, it’s statistically impossible that we are both pathetic losers. Pretty sure that math checks out.

Shows as $10 when I sign in. :( I guess it’s not for all gold members. Just extra special ones.

Have you ever signed up for Game Pass before? Sounds like kerzain and I have not.