The XBOX One

It’s far more than anime. No game I’ve played tackled philosophy and existentialism this well, and that includes The Talos Principle.

How many big-eyed, squeaky-voiced girls though?

None. There are some big-eyes, squeaky-voiced robots though.

Are they little girl robots? Don’t try to squeak by on a technicality!

Can robots be girls? Actually, that’s one of the questions the game tackles. In a way.

Nope, I see what you’re doing, I am wise to your game. I’m going to buy this game out of curiosity and before I know it I’m casting 10 minute summon spells, dodging lightning bolts 200 consecutive times to get an ultimate weapon, and fighting Jesus Christ as a fetus as an end boss. I know where this road leads.

That’s completely wrong.

Fetus Jesus Christ is one of the first bosses you fight. Nowhere near the end, not even the first one, much less the true ending!

All right, I’m in.

For the record, I’m not even kidding. Check Tom’s stream if you want to check out that particular boss. ;)

They announced the rest of the mixpot:

Outer Wilds
Tera bundle of something
Gears of War 4 skin
Halo 5 helmet pack

Nothing in my account yet, but Outer Wilds looks pretty cool. Looking forward to that.

Mixpot for Inside Xbox is Trove & World of Tanks stuff. Live now.

Bomberman Battlefest will be leaving game pass in a couple days. It’s fun, we’ve played it a lot here. Division, Fallout 4 & ESO are now available.

They are talking about Gear: Tactics. I want to play that game. Disappointed it’s only PC right now though.

For those who are interested, you can download The Crew 2 open beta here:

Not sure when it first became available, but I’m looking forward to trying it.

Yeah, it’s weird, especially since XCOM plays really well on Xbox.

From the mixer segment on FH4:

The shared world = everyone plays in the same world with season, weather, time of day synchronised.

They have also increased from 12 to ??(72 I read somewhere?) In a session. A lot more players to encounter.

The Britain map is a collage map, just like for Australia. Scottish Highlands, Wales, Cotswolds, Edinburgh, the Lake District, Yorkshire.

I’ve driven in some of those places and scenic is a good description. I think it’s going to be a lot of fun exploring.

They are also going through the seasons opening different routes (frozen lake, lower water level in a river in summer opening a new road…).

Interesting to make seasons a big deal in a country that doesn’t really have them. Even a New York summer and winter have a lot more contrast.

You’re not wrong, at least here in the South East. I’m from the continent and South East England is consistently mild in comparison. That said, once you add “up North”, you do get quite a bit more variance. Also, reasonably wintery means you can still have a race in the snow without being an irresponsible daredevil. :)

Phil Spencer interviewed on Mixer: we know our core business. We’re a gaming group. Not entertainment. A gaming group.

They have moved onto Fallout 76 now.

Raiders are (real) people too.

This may be old news for @Kadath and @RickH but I took a system update tonight that resolved the missing info panes on the dashboard. If you’re still having problems, check for a system update.

Interesting article about the state of Xbox coming out of E3 -

“The biggest challenge I feel now is gamers’ desire to continue to divide our industry,” says Spencer. “The mentality is that somebody must fail in order for someone else to succeed … we all want to think about how we grow the gaming business, to not create arbitrary decisions on what console you buy or what network you join. The more we work together as an industry, better things happen. You have an Android and I have an iPhone; I can still call you. That would be my hope: that we still compete, but we compete on creative and quality.”

You see this everywhere, hell you see it on this forum. Everything must have a winner and a loser. But how many things in life really work that way?