The XBOX One

I was really hoping there’d be some pre-order/discount for No Man’s Sky. We still don’t know how much it’ll cost. It showed up with a pre-order order banner on the store yesterday morning, but clicking through, the page was not finished, with no price/order button, and trying to go to the game hub resulted in an error. Now it’s nowhere to be found.

Edit: that TitanFall deal is great! I got it on sale last fall for like $10. It really is a great single-player game, and the co-op multiplayer is a lot of fun.

Edit 2: NMS is still $60 on the PlayStation Store? WTH? The game is two years old! Whelp, I guess that’s what we’ll be paying on Xbox.

There will be 360 deals.

https://www.storeparser.com/en-US/xbox-360/deals/

Picked this up on disc the other day and played the first half hour or so. Seemed interesting, nice art style, but very easy to die. Also: you can’t pick up items in the world with a weapon equipped. So quirky.

I had $61 in Microsoft bucks in my account. I spent $6 this morning on Titanfall 2 Ultimate, leaving $55.

And now thanks to @Kadath’s post in the bargain thread, I bought another year of Xbox Live for $40, so I have only $15 left to play with for this sale. I don’t think that’s a bad deal though. I’ve been really loving Xbox Gold selections lately. I’m having a blast with Death Squared, which became free four or five days ago. Definitely give that a spin if you guys haven’t bothered playing that yet. It just hits the sweet spot for me in terms of being a fun and not too difficult (yet) puzzle game that’s still satisfying.

Hmmmmm, If I get Prey, that’s almost exactly $15, which will empty out my Microsoft bucks. Tempting.

Have you played Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice? I never get tired of recommending that game. I enjoyed the experience a lot and it’s one of the rare games I completed recently.

I paid $12 for a physical copy of NMS for PS4 back when Gamefly bought too many copies at release and the game tanked. That turned out to be a great deal given all these free updates.

Yah, that’s the bummer of playing it on Xbox, I guess. I figured retail price on the game (PC/PS4) was like $40 or less by now, and that’s what we’d get it for on Xbox. I was pretty shocked to see it still selling for full price on the PS Store. If I was playing on PlayStation, I could certainly pick up a cheap copy via Craigslist at the least. I might have to wait a few months for a sale.

Nice, Hellblade is $18. Guess I could hold out hope that it’ll be GwG someday since I guess it’s first party now? Technically? I don’t know.

The Forza Horizons 3 Ultimate bundle is new, and a really good price at $40 for everything released for the game. I think the Hot Wheels expansion is worth that price alone.

With FH4 coming out I think a lot of people may overlook 3. Given 3 has the 4K upgrade and a different location - Australia versus the UK - I think there’s reason to play both.

I agree. Though, to be fair, FH2 is completely obsoleted by FH3 because the feel of the game’s physics was so much better. Driving through shallow water felt better, driving on rough terrain felt better, etc. It’s hard to go back to FH2 after playing FH3 for that reason alone.

OTOH, we don’t know if that’s going to happen with FH4 or not. Maybe the physics/feel of the game will be very similar to FH3, but with the addition of ice and snow and other new things that come with seasons.

Just in case, like me, you’re stuck browsing on a phone until you get a chance to login to the Xbox store later, here are links to the Xbone and 360 sale prices:

FH3 has snow/ice in the second expansion.

Going to throw out a recommendation here: Defense Grid 2 is on sale at $2.25 USD, not sure what any other comparable currency would be. But that’s dirt cheap for a fantastic tower defense game, highly recommended.

Yeah, it’s as good as TD will get on a console.

So Titanfall 2 worth it for single player? I didn’t get the first game since all I read about was multi-player so I figured the single player campaign would suck. $6 is hard to say no to.

I’d vote yes. I never even touched MP.

Hey @BrianRubin, how would you answer this question?

I apparently wasn’t quite as impressed with Titanfall 2’s single player campaign as the rest of the world, but yes, certainly worth $6. I don’t regret buying it at full price, it’s a really good game. I just remember at the time thinking that it wasn’t quite the GOTY people were making it out to be.

Oh god, everyone cover your exclamation mark keys.

One of the best single-player FPSs of the last decade, IMO.