The XBOX One

Crosspost from Dead Cells thread

I wanted something brain dead as I was feeling poorly tonight and started playing that one. It’s… Interesting.

It’s a branching movie about a student dragged into a heist and what happens next.

On a first playthrough, it’s hard to guess how much the choices will matter. And I doubt the experience will be very long. But for free on Game Pass, it’s kind of interesting to see where the story is going and try and pick the choices that best match your view of the protagonist. We’ll see how it pans out.

I don’t think this is necessarily a spoiler, but I heard the game has something like seven endings. I wasn’t sure I wanted to play through that many times to see them all. I’d be interested to hear if it’s any good though.

Maybe. 360 cheevos were toasted locally though, which is why you never saw anything like this. XB1 Achievements are, as you can tell, routed through Live. This theoretically makes them more flexible, since they can be data and event driven, but I think most devs still just post an internal event then pass along the “Pop the toast” event to XBL, since they’re having to do it locally for PS4 anyhow.

Really pleased with this bunch, that’s three great games. A little surprised by Sine Mora since it got a “remastered” release on Xbone.

Really happy about EDF2025. The previous iteration is supported but only 3 players in multiplayer.

EDIT: Except it is still $50 with $21 in DLC. For an Xbox 360 game. 😬

I just realized there are three EDF games and apparently this is the only one I never played, in fact I never knew it existed! Really would like to try it but yeah, fifty bucks? Yeesh.

It was re-released on PS4 and PC as EDF 4.1 FYI.

Cool, I never did finish Prince of Persia!

That was such a beautiful game, had a great soundtrack too, if I correctly recall. Whatever happened to this franchise? Surprised there wasn’t a PS4/XBone entry.

It was a wonderful game, but it wasn’t a hit.

So they tried one more time by making a Prince of Persia game back in the same universe as their successful trilogy (Sands of Time/Warrior Within/Two Thrones), this time making a game set in between Sands of Time and Warrior Within, called “The Forgotten Sands”. It was a decent game, I enjoyed it. But once again, it wasn’t a hit. So they gave up on the franchise, at least for a while. They might come back to it at some point.

Also, holy shit Relayer, you should finish the game. That’s the best part! Both from a gameplay perspective and story perspective. From a gameplay perspective, they can finally assume that you’ve got all the different powers and know how to play the game, so they finally have you use all your abilities.

I would have liked to finish it, too, but I ran into a game-stopping bug with no fix literally right before the end. Something about the doors to the end wouldn’t open, so I couldn’t progress. I was so mad I didn’t even watch the ending on YouTube.

Yeah well you probably made the right call there.

Wow, I don’t even remember that one. Will have to look it up.

But yes, wonderful game. Loved the interactions between the characters.

Microsoft / Xbox can now be linked to your Movies Anywhere account.

Time to look for a used copy of EDF2025 at Gamestop or online I guess. Damn, that’s a lot of money for a 360 BC title. :(

I broke down and got it last night. Seeing it has never been on sale pushed me over the edge. One of my favorite games for mindless fun. The BC runs really smooth. Play is what I remember from EDF4.1 on PS4. The only complaint I have is the target crosshair is a little pixelated and asymmetrical. Probably an anti-aliasing / upscaling artifact.

There were several online public games to choose from when I looked last night.

A letter of intent of Microsoft to buy Obsidian has leaked. I hope this turns out to be true. Of all the acquisitions, this is the only one I’m really excited about.

I don’t mean to imply that I doubt you, but can you source that? I can’t find anything just googling.