The XBOX One

I’m in the same boat. Running a network test gets a message that there is a problem with Xbox Live Core Services.

Ahh ok, thanks. How does that work that is only down on my XBox? I can log into the XBox app on my PC fine.

Not sure, this is happening only on my XBX, not the S in the bedroom. So it’s not exactly consistent. I’ve restarted the XBX several times with no changes.

At last! This is good news for the shopping experience.

The latest Xbox One system update - rolling out now to alpha testers - has several handy new features for fans of streaming, shopping and avatars.

Head over the Store tab and you can now add items to a shopping cart instead of buying them straight away. This has the added bonus of a “Save for Later” function, effectively creating a Wishlist of saved items which you can keep a track of.

I hope this will eventually include notifications when items in the saved list go on sale.

So, my wife decided to try out Late Shift today. First play through, and she gets what has to be the best ending. No sweat (though I can see how the decisions she made lead to it, I wouldn’t have guessed that was the path). Let’s just say my couple of attempts didn’t end anywhere near as happily.

Would you say that the game merits multiple playthroughs? Do you feel like you get anything interesting out of playing again?

One more thing: Forza Horizon 2 is currently an August Games with Gold selection so be sure to grab it if you’re a gold member because it’s going to be unavailable after September 30.

https://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/wir_8_17_18

Wow, I can’t believe they’re still doing the weekly Forzathon goals for FH3, all the way from launch until now. That’s crazy good support for a game.

My 2 Late Shift playthroughs were quite different from each other (about half the content differed) and my wife’s playthrough was mostly like mine with interesting but little differences until it diverged in the last quarter to end with the good ending.

But, really, it’s kind of like watching the same 70’ movie 3 times. I’d seriously space the playthroughs if I wanted to replay it. I don’t think there is a ton of replay value unless you are curious about the various endings or want all the achievement. My wife managed to get 2 achievements I haven’t got yet on her first playthrough.

As for FH2, everybody should definitely grab it. That game is still awesome and looks great.

I beat your Drivatar in a head to head race today, by the way. Time to train it up. :)

Good grief, I don’t even remember the last time I played FH2.

There’s a few promos for gamescom

Month of gold for $2, get another month free.
Month of gamepass for $2, get another month free.
Not valid for current subscribers

Mixpot for watching Inside Xbox today. It’s early this time, 3 hours from now.

Bing rewards has Microsoft money 25% off. Automatically applied to account now & taxed.

All the Xbox news from Gamescom

I completed 40 levels in Death Squared the other day. That’s the half-way point, since there are 80 levels. The achievement I got for it was a rare one. Apparently slightly over 5% of people have gotten this far!

I don’t know if I can get through all 80 since some of these are getting really hard to figure out. But I’ll keep plugging away at it as long as its fun. Such a great little game.

I really wish Death Squared had online multiplayer. It is a lot of fun in multiplayer. Reminds me of a puzzle version of Overcooked.

Interesting article on the Xbox group’s decision making in buying studios like Ninja Theory. Just as a pointless little aside, I was part of a company that was bought by MS a little over a decade ago and it really didn’t work out very well for anybody. These guys seem to have a much better approach nowadays -

Looks like we’ve got September’s GwG announced -

Yay! I always wanted to check out Prison Architect.

I’ve never heard of Livelock, hopefully that’s a good one.

Lego Star Wars III: What movies is this one based on?

I can’t make out what the last one is. It’s from Sega Vintage Collection?

The last one is monster world. I don’t know much about it. I played LEGO Star Wars III, I don’t think it’s based on any movies. Maybe the Clone Wars cartoons? But I didn’t watch those so maybe I’m wrong.

Real talk: Monster World IV is better than every other game in that GwG.