The XBOX One

YES! Isn’t MYZ coming out soon? Maybe I won’t be canceling my game pass after all? And Void Bastards looks hilarious and awesome. Happy to hear it’s coming to the Xbone- that was my first thought on seeing the trailer in the other thread here.

I love CivRev. Is that a back compat upgrade, or a new native version?

CivRev is played with backward compatibility. Now it is upgraded with 4K on Xbox One X. Generally been a nice improvement for other games with this treatment such as Red Dead Redemption (the original).

Yes, December 4th. Looks promising:

Looks like MS is offering one month of Game Pass for $1, for anyone who is interested in taking a test drive. Unfortunately not available to people already enrolled.

I’ve been tempted by it. It’s there on my Xbox dashboard, tempting me every day. But I really don’t have time. RDR2 calls!

But the offer is good until January 3rd, so if I can make a serious dent in RDR2 in the next 52 days, I’ll probably spring for Game Pass again.

I don’t know if y’all are seeing the same deal as me, but they’re also advertising 50% off Game Pass for 6 months ($30). My subscription is up 12/3/18- I was supposed to be 11/3, but they gave me a free month, and then I unsubscribed. So now they’re advertising all these new games in that timeframe (Mutant Year Zero, Crackdown 3 for sure), I think I’ll probably bite.

The deals vary per person. They offered me 3 months for the price of 1 last week (1 week after my game pass subscription lapsed). They come and go. But there are regularly good deals to grab.

Woo - I seem to have got this, thanks. I tried Gamepass before for State of Decay 2 and trotted through GoW 4 while I was in there and now it seem I get Forza for $1? All righty!

It’s up on Gamepass now. If anybody can tear themselves away from Fortnite long enough to play it they’ll be able to see what all the complaints are about first hand.

Looks like preloading has been enabled for not yet released games for Game Pass on both Xbox and PC, and apparently you can preload Crackdown 3 right now.

That seems… premature. I don’t know if I want Crackdown 3 taking up hard drive space for 3 months before release. Or any other game.

I have good news! Preloading is not mandatory.

I realize we all knew this already, but I feel like I have a responsibility to report:

Also, there isn’t really a “preload” for Crackdown 3 yet. It’s still just a 100MB placeholder for now, and the full game won’t preload until later once the developer is ready.

That 100MB placeholder will automatically update to the full preload once it comes out though.

Sale prices are now active in the store. Lots of great deals.

Warner Bros has a few new lowest discounts. Picked up Mortal Kombat XL for 5$ with last month’s Halo quest gift card. Thanks Xbox Rewards! There’s also a gold for 1$ special like usual.

Games leaving gamepass soon:

• Brothers
  • Casey Lacrosse
  • Resident Evil 0
  • Sherlock Devil’s Daughter
  • Technomancer
  • This War of Mine
  • Mega Man 10 (360 for achievements, still in MMLC)

I was hoping Shadow Tactics: Shogun Shogun Whatever would be on sale, but no. Oh well. I had to refund my $20 Steam copy due to controller issues on every character but the main one.

Hey cool. Which ones are you guys eyeing?

Upon a cursory look at the sale, I’m tempted by:

Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Risen $18
Dead Cells $20
Batman: Return to Arkham $5
Kingdom Come: Deliverance $30
Elex $15
Mafia III Deluxe $15
Prey Deluxe $20 (includes new Mooncrash DLC which is $20 by itself)
Or: Prey + Dishonored 2 $26 (but it doesn’t have Mooncrash DLC, or the standalone Dishonored 2 game)
Quantum Break $10 (I sampled it in Game Pass, I really liked it so far)

A little disappointed that Forza Horizon 4 is only discounted to $39, when it’s going to be $30 at retail on Black Friday.

Also disappointed that Dark Souls 2 and 3 are on sale, but Dark Souls Remastered is not.

Do you guys have a link? Not seeing it on my Xbox or on Xbox.com.

Christ, can’t imagine playing that with a controller.

I tried playing with mouse + keyboard first, but I found the control scheme very unintuitive. Especially map rotations and such.