The XBOX One

Speaking of Game Pass, what could this mean? Hmmm …

I was wondering why my hours seemed low for those games and wondering where the balance was but then I have also been playing more of the BC games this year.

Ok, I’m game. It seems really strange that I only put in 54 hours to D2- I played that game a ton for a month or two. I’m surprised that I put that much into RotTR, but then , I did finish the story and all the tombs. Man, that was wasted time.

I also thought the list looked wrong, but then I realized I played a ton of smaller games this year- Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice (now on Game Pass- go play it if you haven’t yet!) and other smaller ‘indie’ titles. I added up the games on that top-played list, and it’s only 57% of the total time playing, and I’m sure I had a bunch of little 6-10 hour experiences.

I’m at a whopping 1,731 hours. Doesn’t make sense unless it’s counting Netflix or something. There’s no way I had that much time for games, and until august I was only playing on an exercise bike.

317 - Clicker Heroes
266 - Cities Skylines
113 - Garden Warfare 2
86 - State of Decay 2
82 - Fourizon

Looks like we have an early reveal of January’s Games with Gold:

Really interested in Celeste, that’s been showing up on a lot of “Best of 2018” lists.

Yeah, Celeste looks interesting. WRC 6 should be fine. Despite not liking the WRC series generally, I actually had a fun time playing through the tutorials in WRC 5 through Game Pass.

Lara Croft: I already own it (great game).
Far Cry 2: I own a disc copy, so now I will own the digital copy too.

And to answer my own question, looks like Life Is Strange season one will be coming to Game Pass today. Worth a look if you haven’t already tried it.

Also heads up: looks like the big Countdown to 2019 sale on Xbox Marketplace will be starting later today (looks like 3pm Eastern).

Celeste is amazing. Very cool it’s coming to GwG!

CAG poster has a list:

Preliminary look:

Steep $9
Strider $3
Inside $10
Gorogoa $7.50 (That’s supposed to be a good indie game, right? Name sounds familiar)
Mad Max $5
Mafia 3 Deluxe $15
Prey Deluxe $20
Resident Evil 7: Biohazard $15
South Park: The Fractured But Whole $18 (or $27 for Gold)

Oh hey, GTA V is $15. That’s the lowest it’s ever been, surely.

I own the 360 version, but it might be worth double dipping finally for that price. Plus pre-ordering RDR2 apparently gave me something in GTA Online. So I could discover what that was.

If you have Twitch Prime, which I guess is another way of saying Amazon Prime, you can buy GTA V from Amazon for $15 and they’ll give you a gift certificate for $15. Or so I’m told.

Yeah, I read that in my news feed yesterday. I don’t have that version of Amazon Prime though, I have the grandfathered old version of Prime, where I get two day free shipping for being related to someone who pays for Prime.

Full list from Major Nelson:

I bought these. I’m still tempted by Resident Evil VII at $15, but I think I’ll wait until next year, or maybe Christmas 2020 for that one, since my 500 gaming hours a year are already spoken for in 2019 and 2020.

If the PS5/XB2 come out in Holiday 2020, Resident Evil 7 will just have to get skipped, I think.

I bought… Diablo III (the full edition for about $20). I had it on disc. But the drive is busted on my launch day Xbox One and my wife and I have been missing playing Seasons. Of all the games to buy (again) in a sale. :)

What’s the easiest way to gift a digital game for a child if I have access to the console? Should I just enter my credit card under his gamertag and then make sure not to save it (heh)? I’m a little annoyed that the gifting options seem to require an email address according to Gogole.

Buy the digital game on Amazon and redeem the code in the Xbox store.

Do you have an Xbox live tag yourself? Are they on your friends list? You can just buy it from the online store and give it as a gift to them during checkout.

This is a great idea but I don’t see Stardew Valley and Spelunky on there.

I do have a tag. Google indicated that was the emailed code method. Have you tried it? Do I have to buy from the console under my account or can I do it online?

You can gift the game from the website. This requires an email address to send the code to. You can use your own.

I usually buy Xbox gift cards from Amazon to save 5% via my Prime Store Credit Card, then apply those to my account and gift.