The XBOX One

Is that one of the good Bombermans?

It’s the latest edition.

Since I hated the previous game in the series so much (Jedi Outcast: Jedi Knight 2: Dark Forces 3), I skipped Jedi Academy: Jedi Outcast 2: Jedi Knight 3: Dark Forces 4.

I’ll have to give it a shot next month on your recommendation.

Also, very cool that I will now own Assassin’s Creed: Rogue. I believe that means that I will own all the AC games other than Liberation, Origins and Odyssey.

Bloodstained looks like it’s got really positive reviews on Steam:

I’ll try to look past the fact that it’s a pixelated 2D platformy thing that looks horrible.

Weeelllll, it’s not like Jedi Academy is drastically different from the other Jedi Knight games, in terms of how they play. But it does improve on the earlier games in a couple of small ways. First, you start the game with a freakin’ lightsaber! It’s always blown my mind that Star Wars games that put you in the role of a jedi withhold the friggin’ lightsaber until well into the game. Not here though! Also, the game is pretty much composed of little episodes, each kind of separate and distinct. So it’s a little like playing a television series, and each level tells its own story. I thought that was cool.

Now one thing that was really great about Jedi Academy that we won’t be getting is the awesome multiplayer, since OG Xbox Live is no more. Alas.

Well, Jedi Knight is one of my favorite games of all time, and Jedi Outcast is one of my least favorites. They’re like polar opposites. I actually didn’t mind that Jedi Knight didn’t give me a lightsaber until later in the game. It was all the more sweet when I finally got one and could deflect shots back at the enemy! That was so cool!

OTOH, Jedi Outcast was mostly a game about getting stuck because of jumping puzzles based on Jedi Jump.

Oh, bummer, the Switch game got terrible reviews.

Wish we’d gotten the remastered Xbox One version of Rogue but shouldn’t complain (not like I will play it anytime soon with my AC backlog).

I had a hate-love-hate relationship with Jedi Outcast. Hated the boring beginning, loved a few hours post-lightsaber and the multi-player, and then hated the rest of the game enough to never finish. It was so long ago I can’t remember why I hated the last third. Never played Jedi Academy so looking forward to this one.

Been thinking of getting Curse of the Moon on Vita so very cool that it’s free next month.

I haven’t played it, but I remember hearing that it was somewhat disappointing when it came out, but was significantly improved over the next months. I’m definitely excited to get it!

All right folks time to play sleuth again:

Those last few titles are seriously long!

Crackdown 3
Nintendogs
Ed, Edd, n Eddy: The Mis-Edventures
Sam & Max Episode 103: The Mole, the Mob, and the Meatball
Backyard Wrestling 2: There Goes the Neighborhood

Don’t be silly. Clearly number four is So You’ve Been Publicly Shamed: The Videogame Adaptation

I’m having some super frustrating issues with my xbox this evening. First I wanted to boot up a game and it said it couldn’t because it needed an update that it couldn’t get at this moment. Tried some other games, same message.

Rebooted the console and then the whole dashboard acted weird. Whenever I opened up the quick menu button presses would still only react to the dashboard instead of the overlay.

Another reboot and now the dashboard doesn’t show at all anymore. Quick menu still opens but is not responsive at all. All these reboots were of course hard resets where I kept the button on the console pressed for a while.

So then I decided it was time to contact support but their whole support site is down. Which gives me some hope I’m not the only one experiencing problems.

https://support.xbox.com/en-ww/

Anyone else experiencing something similar?

Looks like there’s a problem with XBL right now -

Where are you? I did just get a Google News alert on my tablet that Xbox Live was down. When i just did a search, it seems that express.co.uk and the Daily Mail are the only ones reporting it. Not sure if that means just UK?

Express: Xbox Live DOWN: Server status latest as Microsoft confirm 0x87dd0006 sign in issues.

I’m in the Netherlands. It’s kinda weird that xbox live being down brings the whole thing device down with it. But this being Microsoft I’m not suprised.

Phil Spencer has mentioned in interviews that the Xbox’s reliance on the stability of MS services to perform is a weakness. What they plan to do about that weakness, I don’t know.

It’s not just Xbox. My PCs has issues downloading the latest defender signatures.

Yep. Was having intermittent issues with O365 logins today as well.