The XBOX One

There’s a front page? This forum needs likes. ;)

Celeste absolutely wants you to succeed. It’s a different vibe.

I agree. I think one of the reasons why it feels bad when I fail in Celeste and am unable to progress is that I get the vibe that the game really wants me to succeed, but I’m just not good enough anyway. Whereas I don’t feel bad about getting stuck in Cuphead because the game wants me to fail, and I oblige.

Celeste also has judgment-free assist options.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjAy8b9v6PgAhXTGDQIHW6-BfkQzPwBegQIARAC&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwaypoint.vice.com%2Fen_us%2Farticle%2Fd3w887%2Fceleste-difficulty-assist-mode&psig=AOvVaw143eKxUXid31Pv1N2NSEjb&ust=1549418537495609

Don’t know if any of you guys are watching Inside Xbox right now, but they just announced the Shadow of the Tomb Raider is coming to Game Pass in two days, on February 7.

Does it still have QTEs like the first one? I only got about 45 minutes into that one.

Thanks! I guess. I really liked the first. The second (played through GP last year) was a waste of time. I haven’t heard anything about this one to really make it sound any different than #2, unfortunately. But for free, I might give it a try.

Hey! You didn’t mention that the Definitive Edition of the first two Batman Arkham games are hitting in a few weeks, too! I only ever played the demo for Asylum, Bull I’ll for sure give them a try when they drop for free.

Has anyone played Ninja Gaiden Black on the Xbox One who has also played the original? Was the speed of the original Xbox release THAT fast? I would think not, due to everything being super quick, including the animations for flames on torches. Seems like the game is on 3x speed.

That aside, game looks great on the Xbox One X. Love how MS is enhancing these older titles.

How could you even tell at 480p? Hah.

I do remember the game playing pretty fast on original Xbox. But I obviously don’t really know how it compares. As Tim points out, it’s tough to compare apples to apples, since the resolution was so much lower back then. It definitely looks good and plays fast on Xbox One.

I tried out Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon.

I’ll be honest with you guys, I’m sure this is a great game, but it’s really a relief to play a game that’s so obviously not for me. I can feel my backlog breathe a sigh of relief behind me. Phew! Not for me!

So Shadow of the Tomb Raider hits Gamepass this month. Gotta be one of the quickest times a $60 game came to the service. Guess it didn’t sell to well at retail.

Heads up, Xbox Insiders - you’ll have the opportunity to engage in a technical test of Crackdown 3’s Wrecking Zone (that’s Crackdown 3’s multiplayer mode) on Thursday, February 7. This is specifically being described as not a beta, but information gathering. Which I kind of thought was a beta, but whatever you want to call it.

I’d be more interested in Wrecking Zone if they didn’t make the city that’s got full destruction look like some kind of TRON city. What’s the point of having cloud-powered fully destructive environments if you’re going to make the buildings all TRON-looking?

So that you can have cloud powered fully destructive environments.

In the unlikely event that you own an Xbox but do not own a copy of the original Crackdown, good news! Microsoft is giving the game away for free. Just go here:

https://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Crackdown/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8024d5307dc

And download away! Still a pretty darn great game.

That’s me. Am I the Xbox Unicorn?

I wrote that post for you, KevinC. Because I care.

Woohoo!