The XBOX One

Yeah, who knew. I didn’t even bother posting about that yesterday, because I figured there’s no one that could possibly not own Crackdown by now, they’ve given it away so often.

I got an email today asking me to tell my friends that Fishing Sim World is available to play for free this weekend for Gold members, so here I am telling my friends on Qt3.

I don’t know why I got this email.

With news like this, I’m not sure it’s worth being your friend anymore.

But the fishing is pretty fun in RDR2 right? And this is an entire game of fishing so it’s probably even more fun. Yeah, pretty sure that checks out.

Plus RDR2 fishing is a small area of the United States. Here, Fishing Sim World presumably has the whole world available for fishing.

Interesting article with some soft numbers about user engagement with Game Pass.

Several games are leaving Game Pass at the end of the month. I wish Microsoft announced this themselves, since they do talk up games coming into the service. I think people understand that it’s a rotating service, they’ve probably adjusted to this with stuff like Netflix.

Aven Colony, nooo. Such a relaxing builder.

Shadow Warrior… you know, I can’t actually remember if I bought this game or if I’m playing through GamePass… but it is AWESOME. If I don’t own I’m gonna buy it (on the next sale). I think Shadow Warrior 2 is on GamePass to isn’t it? I should play that asap too just in case it’s next.

Some really nice titles announced for Game Pass coming over the last couple weeks of February:

They’re so nice I already own them all.

Well, except for Epic Mickey 2. But then, that one isn’t that nice, from what I heard at the time.

I found the first hour kinda meh, did not pull me in.

But Headlander, nice add for XGP. Stylish Metroidvania fun, I recommend that anyone even halfway interested give it a try.

This is cool: apparently, Paradox will allow ‘unsupervised’ modding of it’s titles on Xbox going forward. Previously, you could mod Cities: Skyline like Skyrim- send the mod to the publisher, and they’d make sure it was all good. Now it’ll be easy when uploading to their website, and Xbox will be an option, no waiting for them to approve, etc. Interesting the see MS allowing this.

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2019/02/microsoft-paradox-allow-open-game-modding-on-xbox-one-for-the-first-time/?amp=1

The $10 I spend on Game Pass is worth it just to have found out how badly Crackdown 3 sucks, and just how much Hellblade is overrated.

Shadow of the Tomb Raider is okay, though, and having Forza 4 is nice, too.

Let the record show that I agree with scharmers about something. I didn’t hate the game, and I appreciated that it was a short experience, but it didn’t live up to its reputation for me.

Heh. Code: Veronica X. That was my first Resident Evil game. I played it on Dreamcast. I didn’t know they did an HD version for 360.

I really enjoyed Lost Colonies despite not understanding the story and the cutscenes. I think that’s the first game I played where I completely gave up on trying to understand what was going on.

Lost Planet 1 and 2 were ok, but I’m going to take a moment to pimp Lost Planet 3, that game turned out better than I expected. It’s kind of a mashup of Alien and The Thing, and it’s got that cool “space handyman” thing going on like Dead Space and Alien: Isolation (ok, I’m kind of a sucker for games that let you play an engineer).

I realize this is another case of me championing a game that the critics wrote off but it’s pretty good!

Code Veronica on the Dreamcast was my first RE game too, and still the only one I’ve ever finished!

I know I played Code Veronica but I can’t say it made much of an impression. The only thing that stands out in my memory was that you could dual wield guns and aim them independently at different enemies. That’s still pretty cool.