The XBOX One

Does anyone know if there’s a way to look for demos on Xbox One’s store anymore, on the console? I know this new version of the store is super fast and zippy, but I heard that Dragon Quest XI Definitive Edition had a demo on all the platforms, so I was trying to track it down. The store used to have a whole category for demos, but I guess demos are a thing of the past for the most part. But they’ve got to be grouped in with something else, right? Any idea which category they’re hiding under?

Maybe under free games? I haven’t gone looking for demos in some time, they’re nearly extinct.

I did a search for “demos” on Xbox.com. One of the search results was a game demos category.

First entry in the category is the new Dragon Quest demo.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/game-demos/games/xbox?icid=SSM_AS_Promo_GameDemos

Right, I mean, I can search for it on the console too.

But I did finally find the category on console too tonight. @divedivedive it was a nice idea to look under free games, but it wasn’t in there. I first went to just “Games” subcategory, and then under the plain “Games”, I pressed X to “See All”, which took me to a different page, and THAT page had a lot of different categories of recommendations, like “Games we think you’ll like”, and I kept scrolling downward, and I got to a “Game Demos” category in there. And yes, the Dragon Quest Demo was the first one there, because there hasn’t been a game demo released in a while. The next demo was Super Lucky’s Tale, and the next oldest was much older I think.

So it’s a bit buried in there, but it is still there. It’s just not one of the top line categories anymore like it used to be.

Black Friday sale started.

Here’s a giant list to scroll through, enjoy.

I guess it makes sense to keep this thread going, especially since next month’s GwG offering are all Xbone/360 titles -

New Games with Gold for December 2020 - Xbox Wire

Not a lot to get excited about, though I’ll probably try out the Raven since I enjoy a good mystery.

That Bleed 2 cover makes it look it’s set in Stephen King’s The Langoleer universe. Sadly the actual game footage looks nothing like that.

I already owned Gat out of Hell and Stacking.

Bleed 2 is a fun and short little action game.

GWG hasn’t been exciting in a while. I have never even heard of these games (except for Saints Row of course). But I suppose with all the Gamepass titles available, it makes it a little more difficult to offer stuff through GwG (and still free, I suppose).

Gat out of Hell is a fun lil sandbox.

Raven is kinda a repeat, but we only got episode 1 back on 360. I wanted to like it.

Glad to see they’re keeping GWG a thing.

Yeah, Bleed 2 is pretty good.

Stacking is a pretty charming Russian nesting doll adventure/puzzle game from Double Fine. You should give it a try. It even has an in-game hint system so that when you get stuck, you don’t have to go to external sources to get the answers. I think. It was a while ago, so it’s all a bit vague in my head now.

I always say if it’s a Double Fine game, it deserves at least a look. They’re the most consistently creative studio making games these days, in my opinion. But yes, I’m a bit of a Tim Schafer fanboy.

It was good. I only needed to look up a couple of things, which is pretty good for me playing that style of game.

I loved Stacking.

There’s an Xbox One version of Gat out of Hell, but they’re giving the 360 version. So this begs the question, what the (gat out of) hell is this?

Extra achievements!

Bonus GWG:
Frontlines:Fuel of War を入手 (360)

This has to be activated in the japanese webstore. No region change.

Reviews look good at first, but people say it didn’t age well.

Couple extra additions to gamepass:

• NHL Rewind 94 (Like the one on SNES, but with current teams)
  • Phogs

I’m not a sports game person, but I actually want to play this. Really enjoyed that when I was younger.

Free play weekend with gold:

• Black Desert (also on GP)
  • Unturned
  • Resident Evil Resistance

The last one is interesting. It’s the multiplayer part of Resident Evil 3. Not available by itself in the store.

Experience a new 1 vs 4 online multiplayer game set in the Resident Evil universe where four survivors face-off against a sinister Mastermind.

As the Mastermind your aim is to prevent the survivors from escaping by whatever means necessary. At your disposal will be all manner of tools including summoning vicious monsters, setting deadly traps, weaponizing cameras and more!

In turn, the Survivors must work together to fend off the Mastermind’s attacks and complete puzzle style objectives to escape the map before time runs out![/quote]