Thea 2: The Shattering

I’m about 200 turns in now and feel like I’m starting to get the hang of it. I have a group of 14 (2x warrior, 2x hunter, zerca, goblin tinkerer, plus an assortment of gatherers, crafters, kids, bats, and spiders). They’re pretty well equipped for red and yellow challenges, and I can finally pursue some of the quests after running away from so many during the first 100 turns.

After reading what @Nesrie said about the game being touchy-feely (I think that’s a good description, btw) I decided to save a little more often and experiment a bit, mostly falling back to an early save if I accidentally triggered a tough quest event too early.

I’ve got a boat and enough stores to do some exploring, so I think my next step will be finding a place to establish a town. I’ll admit I’m not sure what I’ll gain from the town unless I find a pretty good resource cluster, as I have a lot of good equipment right now. But I figure I’m already most of the way to 1 of the 3 domination goals (party size / variety) and the city would give me a second, so I might as well make a go of it.

Oh, and I like that I’ve been able to use my knowledge of Monty Python and Conan to get through some of the challenges.