Thea 2: The Shattering

Intentionally started a game just to starve someone for the achievement since it looks like this will be the first game I ever 100%.

2 starts on difficult later I lose 2 people to starvation when I’m trying my best not to. Karma.

Also, who knew the scariest thing in the game were bees and boars? By the time I see one a zmey or a leshy is much less problematic!

Blue bees are truly troublesome if not outright lethal.

Build 0544 - 18th July

Thea 2: The Shattering - A’vee

• Added mod support for story modules and localisation for story modules,
  • Added mod support for images,
  • Added the ability to recycle items on Resolve Event screen,
  • Bug reporting tool should work correctly once again.

Saves should be still fully compatible between this and the last version.

WARNING:

The next patch (on the 1st August) will include the first content update, balancing tweaks and other goodies. However, this required a lot of changes in the game’s various databases, so after the next patch, you will not be able to load any saved games created before it. We’ll keep the previous build on a beta branch as usual.

For those that might overlook the news

Thanks! Looking forward to the content update. :-)

Three People game, almost 130 turns in.

We encountered our first f word tonight in the game; orcs are kind of blunt. I had a promising m magic-user but some jealous witch turned him into a rat, so yeah, rat as a character that still counts as a magic user and has a pretty gnarly hit but low hp.

We know we will lose this save but so far, the profiles haven’t been lost so… still points.

Also 3 people in a battle is… hard. You almost never have enough points to use everyone you want to, but you also get a great variety.

We’ve also encountered more bugs, which we report… almost like the event are stepping on each other because you can be in event and be close enough to be pulled into another event and sometimes we just get… stuck. We’re still talking about only a few though.

Most annoying thing thus far… even as the host, which I assume means my machine is driving the game, they both see the end of battle before I do. They start getting all excited about loot and wins before I even see the battle animations complete.

Are they running the same animation speed? It’s super fast at fastest but I prefer to run it one step lower so I can see where I messed up.

Which I do on a very regular basis, lost last night to a stupid positioning error so my tank ended the fight with tons of shield and everyone else died.

My most common loss though comes from forgetting I’m not always last and the computer puts out one more character at the end that completely messes me up. I’ve really got to learn to watch that.

That’s a great question. I probably did slow the speed down when I first started playing so I could track what was going on. I feel like when it was two players, it was opposite until the last patch, like my sister would be behind. Now I am always last, no matter which one I meet up with or even if it is all three.

In my two player game, which I am not sure we will get back to after the patch, I have this really weak fairy/pixie guy… super fast, swarm, and ancient voice so he… destroys yellow attacks in the first round or two… just can clear a field almost by himself. My elf has something similar but not as fast, more life, and no swarm… not nearly as lethal. Learning these characters can make such a difference, and yeah one of my scoundrels has a hell of a shield because he’s strong but he lacks the life of a warrior… so he does great right up until he encounters the critters that hit shield and life at the same time.

It’s an easy mistake to make. The reverse can be troublesome too, holding off for that last card placement only to realize, they’re not placing it. If you have really strong support, that can be great, but I’ve held out combo characters before, thinking I would do something nifty in the end only to find out that last move was lame.

The great thing is, although it can change with updates, is the combo of cards can be learned. Like you’re rarely 100% sure what they have and how they will lay them but there are definitely common groups, so I know when not to stick my super quick but weak person in the back only to be slammed by some foe that can hit anywhere on the map.

I really want to know if my rat can have kids.

This DLC comes as a free update to the base game and brings the following changes:

New Stuff:

• Added Volh and Gusla - two new human male magic user classes

• Added over 30 new events

• Added skills for Volh and Gusla

• Added 13 new rituals

• Added new event arts

• Added a couple of new character portraits and 3d models for them

*** Added half-race tag to mixed parents children**

• Added Elder Swamper, Rockers, Icicles and Lava Rockers

• Added an event to Slavyan village where you can allow any of your people to leave you and join the Slavyans

• Added a new difficulty setting which defines how far groups can join other groups’ events

• Added hotkeys and tooltips to the Navigation bar

• Added tooltip on tasks on Village Overview screen

• Added tooltips to tasks on Research and Rituals screens

• Added Forfeit button on Fight Info screen

• Rollover on characters on action queue highlights the corresponding character on the battlefield

• Rollover on the characters on the battlefield highlights the corresponding character on the action queue

• Added a list of participating groups on Resolve Event screen

• Changed sfx when opening Logbook, God Info, Domination Victory, Theopedia and Factions screens

Fixes:

• Fixed a bug where elf skills would be reset upon growing up

*** Children can no longer level up their racial skill**

• Fixed Flock of Craftsmen trait

• Scavenger boss Hanka can no longer move over sea tiles

• Fixed Zmey in the quarry, where you could sacrifice the single character you had in your group, thus you were unable to continue the quest

• Fixed the Guard being too clingy and staying with you despite you telling him to go

• Fixed forest demons giving you a boar instead of a bear

• Fixed main quest path with Ail’yleth, where she would not help rescue the dwarf if you already visited the jail before meeting her

• Fixed the POI quests from villages, so that they cannot be exploited forever

• Fixed summons not using passive skills

• Fixed Delay display in character tooltip

• Fixed health sacrificing mechanics not using proper damage multiplier

• Fixed a small bug in elf growing up where one of the options looped

• Fixed max char count for server name and password on Host and Join screens to make sure the joining player can always input the entire server name and password

• Fixed modding models

• Fixed a regression forbidding to create new modules

• Fixed multistaged events

• Hotkeys on HUD should now work without having the radial menu open

• Fixed a bug where removing all entities from a group and then opening another screen that referenced this group would crash the game

• Fixed the dwarf growing up event, where a dwarf chosen child had no chance to become a warrior

• Fixed a bug in dwarf ‘birth’ event where all rockers got a buff when the new one was born

• Fixed a bug where VSync and FPS limit settings were not applied correctly when the application was restarted

• Fixed Sort by Value on Trade screen not taking into account the merchant’s multiplier

Balance:

*** Reduced the difficulty of Lightbringers on the starting island**

*** Healer’s skill is now based on Intelligence**

• Tweaked Healer’s starting skills and skill packs

• Zerca now starts with Inspire skill

• Reduced damage of Reliable Argument skill

• Increased movement points of flying demons by 1

• Reduced randomization in starting subraces’ attributes

• Increased trading value of pets

• Reduced the trade value of cooked food

• Balancing changes to Drain Vigour skill

• Balancing changes to various groups, including concepts

• Buffed Guard Tower

• Lucky Sod skill is no longer available for children

• Ailyn and Naiysir now have Beautiful tag

• Balancing changes to Dziad Mroz and Sniezynki’s stats and starting skills

• Increased shielding granted by Protect Others skill

• Czort now starts with Weakness skill

• Orc Matriarch starts with Corruption skill, has less Faith but more Sanity

• Kraken is now more dangerous in mental and spiritual challenges

• Reduced Strength and Perception of Light Sick Karakandza

• Increased Intelligence, Wisdom and Sanity of Light Sick Alkonost

• Increased Sanity and Intelligence of Hohlick

• Balancing changes to Forest Leshy, Dormant Leshy and Enlightened Leshy - both in starting skills and attributes

• Reduced Perception and Health of Viatroviec

• Increased Perception of Forest Fairy

• Master Striga now starts with War Shout skill, increased attack

• Striga Mistress now starts with Hypnosis and Two Flying Daggers skills, increased attack

• Increased Wisdom of Werewolf

• Reduced Health of Cmok

• Reduced Health and Sanity of Light Sick Rusalka

• Reduced Mental Shielding of Unliving Dragon

• Increased Mental Shielding of Swamp Troll

• Increased Strength and Perception of Lava Troll

• Increased Intelligence and Wisdom of Dwarf Statue #3

• Unliving Rat and Unliving Spider are now Unliving by race

• Reduced Strength and Health of bees

• Reduced the strength of Blood Protection skill

• Changes to how AI values non-basic damage types

• Increased duration of Toxine and Illness effects

Modding:

• Changed methods names: PutSkillOnLocalQueue to PutSkillOnQueue_Local, PutSkillOnMainQueue to PutSkillOnQueue_Main, GetCardsOpposingCardsOnBattelfield to GetOpposingCardsOnBattelfield

• Cleaned up old and unused database files

• Added a message if there are no paths of an event node

As mentioned, old saves will not be compatible with this update (but your profiles should be fine), if you have a saved game and would like to continue playing, please use Betas tab to switch to the previous version.

highlighted just a few things I especially care about.

Fantastic! I was waiting for the patch to drop to play. So glad it’s finally here.

I’m excited about this patch. I think I agree with every change there that I’ve had any personal interaction with.

Reducing bee strength will make the toughest difficulty much more enjoyable and maybe I can use a Drain Vigour item without feeling bad about abusing the mechanics.

I’m a little concerned about not level racial abilities. If you start the game with a non-human, it’s super expensive… so maybe not nerf them, if that is what that is.

I’m assuming it only applies while they’re children. I’m not sure why they felt the need to do that, maybe to make sure that children get offered a better variety of skills as they level so you can try and figure out what class you want to target?

By racial abilities I assume they just mean the base racial, like the “dwarf skill” which just gives %crafting and %health or something like that. The “shadow elf skill” is almost completely useless (not shadow elves themselves which are stupidly strong, just the base racial skill) so you wouldn’t want to be leveling that.

The way I’m reading that I think it’s actually a good thing.

The elf had… shoot what was it. I want to say Ancient Voice, but I think it’s something else. The elf kids cost 3 points… they’re super expensive. When I get a game post patch I’ll look again. I am just hoping their not nerfing the kid that takes like half the group’s points, and it really is about more skills and not a nerf.

Patch notes above from @Nesrie. Awesome! Here is the link FYI:

So this thing is temporarily down to $18.xx dollars on Steam. Is it worth it now (a subjective question, I know)?

I tried it for a short period of time as soon as it became available in early access, and was really underwhelmed, so I got a refund. But that may have just been early access, and I’m wondering how much it has changed. I was just underwhelmed with the graphics, with the UI, kind of with everything at that point.

I’m trying to decide whether to give it another go. (Which, as I think about it, probably does not make sense with Age of Wonder: Planetfall coming out so soon, but I’ll leave the question here anyway.)

I guess it would depend on how Early Access you were. The UI isn’t vastly different but… they added a lot more info at the fingertips, like tooltips on the overhead map, more information during battles. They also give you info for when you’re selecting challenges that wasn’t there before. So I guess the information flow is a lot better but to me the general layout isn’t changed.

This game really is about the events though, the ability to see stories unfold, getting excited about seeing a second, third or fourth event that is tied to one you did a long time ago. Then there is building up your people, watching them get stronger as you equip them with more unique and powerful items and then of course discovery and finding resources. If that latter part doesn’t really appeal to you, I don’t think a great UI is going to do it. On the other hand, if you found just getting information a real struggle not due to the layout of the UI but just found it frustrating to get some basic info, yeah that might have helped.

If you hated the way battle worked, that hasn’t hugely changed. New and clearer skills, some new character types, more feedback in battle but the general like approach should be the same.

I enjoy all these components. Characters growing up, RPG chance type stuff. The card battle, overview resource hunt and town building and of course the meat of it, the challenges/story events.

I don’t know if it is just the MP game or not, but the last DLC/Patch made the game pretty unstable for us. It’s the Connect Lost, and Database corrupted so any save beyond this point is likely to be unusable sort of thing. Over a roughly 3 hour period probably hit these type of bugs at leas ta half-dozen times. This was not our experience prior to the game.

We use manual saves so it’s okay to recover for us, but rogue-like would probably make this game breaking. Again this might be be only an MP issue.

Got a new child recently on my single player game.

My elf lady who is my chosen…

Selected an attractive male human hunter, and I received a new lady elf. I am thinking that the elf might actually require an attractive mate because it kind of says that for the event. Also, I was under the impression she would be a half-elf or something, but i am not seeing the half-race symbol.

In our MP game, my sister starts with a dwarf. She has yet to have a baby, but i am curious about it.

Because our third person didn’t have an upgraded profile (read God Points) he couldn’t start with any of the more upgraded options. This isn’t horrible really, although it helps to start with stronger. So what does he keep doing to try and get interesting characters, Chance as they grow up. He now has like 3 cursed rats as character. We’re all waiting to see if the rats can even have babies or get cured.

On the MP front, we’re all kind of moving close to each other now to join up for harder challenges. it’s kind of… required in MP. This means an even more slower advancement but it is definitely cool to see everyone’s top characters in action… and also the complaints from anyone who winds up with no loot at the end.

I have the most powerful item in the game, a spider silk robe, an expensive trade event gave me this, and since I have had this multiple times now… I know you can get junk, and one of my Zerca’s is also top… I have freaking three of them. I keep trying to get a warrior but I almost never see Strength as a leveling option. I get crushed in physical challenges right now. I keep suggesting a trade… I mean Zerca’s are hard to get but they are like me, attached to the kids they raised and won’t do it!

So I slightly retrained my group tonight. Some of you might already do this so don’t get too excited.

Combined our group is fairly powerful with a slight weakness against red attacks, separate… we’re all pretty strong again yellow but I have the advantage, currently, against purple and yellow. So when the other two groups left the area while I just got stuck in making my ship, they kept doing yellow and avoiding purple because they are weaker in purple. But here’s the thing, they’re not terrible, at this level at purple… just weaker. I advised them to do the purples they think they can win without taking too much damage… why, because winning yellow challenges tends to give you yellow bonuses, and they don’t really need yellow. They could use a boost in magic, purple. So if they win purple more often they can have purple bonuses and sometimes permanent increases which will make the later ones… easier.

It is working for them so far. There is risk, especially if some of that strength is from the summon critters which don’t show up in not-battle challenges.

How are the changes in the latest patch? Did you notice more or different events, etc?