Thelayoff.com

So I just found out about this today: http://www.thelayoff.com/ My company’s page is particularly interesting, but probably only to me. I just wonder how “anonymous” it really is. It’s fun to read, but I’d never post.

Probably about the same as glassdoor.com. Mostly disgruntled people bitching about management, except at thelayoff.com they’ve all been fired rather than 97% of them.

Glassdoor.com has some real value, especially when viewing “interview” reports for a prospective job. thelayoff.com is pure spite. However, I think it’s necessary. Most US Corps have their employees so locked-down with fear, they don’t feel like they have a voice of any kind. Like Don Draper once said, missing the entire point, “that’s what the money is for!” Is there another legal relationship as one-sided as that of a modern corporation to an employee?

Student loans?

(Yes, I’m being ironic)

thelayoff.com had only a couple of posts related to my former employer, which had massive layoffs the last couple of years. So no basis for me to judge from that. However, there should be a special place in hell for whoever came up with the web page design that tries to trick you into thinking an advertising link is the “next” button. I reflexively boycott those sites.

Agreed on the “Next” buttons (I’m looking at YOU answers.com).
I think you need special brew of circumstances to get a lot of juicy posts. My company is in a multi-billion dollar industry with only a few major players, clamps-down on employees communications with brutal ferocity, has swallowed-up smaller companies in the past 25 years but can’t integrate them very well, has many “older” employees, is faltering right now with everything it does, and makes layoffs a total mystery process. That mix seems to work.

Man that site is toxic on mobile. I cant get anywhere it seems.