There is something familar about all this

I hope scans from '95 are ok… it’s a nice article on the old amiga one that never got finished…http://amr.abime.net/review_35215

I would bet it started as a fun hobby, so they figured it didn’t matter where they got art and audio. Then when they were finished or almost finished, someone offered to publish it… and they were so excited they didn’t realize or didn’t care that it mattered that they hadn’t created the assets.

nah, they had a company and publisher before and did at least the art on their own when trying it for the St and amiga etc…

plus one guy is sounds/music, one is art, and I’m fairly sure both were stolen. so maybe the 3rd guy is innocent, but come on… it was an attempt to make money, not a hobby.

That is awesome Moore. I find the sidebar story of the Mary Celeste incredibly fitting for this game’s situation.

“Watch out for hidden traps that will lure you to your doom”

That’s some quality writing there. Yikes.

This is possibly one of the greatest video game stories in history, certainly up there with Duke Nukem Forever.

Tri-logik studios, eh?

Well, they do say it started off as a hobby. But they were also definitely looking to make bank.

Pub pals pin hopes on US game success

[i]“I joked ‘I thought you would be millionaires now’, and they replied ‘actually that is what we wanted to talk to you about’”.

“Our hope, if everything goes well with the sales, is that within a year we will all be stopping the day jobs and doing this full time.”[/i]

So this is out in North America? I’ll have to check Fry’s as they specialize in selling tons of unheard of shovelware crap and bargain bin titles.

BTW, can I change my forum name to Cranny Faggot, please?

Alec at RPS called this an obvious spoonerism but I don’t get it. Fanny Craggot?

It’s easier to spot this with 1000s of eyes looking at it.

I do think it’s a shame they resorted to theft. Some of those concept sketches, while not good, do have character.

Fanny Cradock

If he actually made them, that is.

…and Limbo of the Lost is discontinued. Hats off to TriSynergy for doing the right thing.

http://www.trisynergy.com/news.asp?nid=25

That’s one publisher out of at least three. It’s been published in Russia by 1C and in Europe by 2G games.

And “hats off for doing the right thing”? More like covering their ass as soon as possible to avoid being completely decimated by the copyright holders.

Well, that’s probably fair. But regardless of their motivations, ceasing distribution of the game is still the right move.

Yeah I probably wouldn’t give them a hats off. It’s like saying “hats off to you sir, for hitting the brakes when that 80 year old lady crossing the street in front of you tripped and fell.”

Okay, okay. My hat is back on. Geez.

Burn, TriSynergy, burn!

My God… 1C, then 2G, and now Tri-Synergy.

Have the Illuminati been contacted yet? I know game journalists are heavily involved in that conspiracy.

I think it would go much better as a title, so that way I can be one too.