There's no need to be afraid of your penis!

Hark, the herald angel sings!

My friends and I were having a very laughy and chuckley time reminiscing about really corny school videos today (yes, they have them in Japan too). We were especially appalled to remember that we’ve all seen the same video about “accepting your body and the changes that will come to it” in seventh grade.

It was a video with a woodsman like guy in a camp setting playing acoustic guitar and bit by bit we pasted together from our memories this song he used to sing in the videos,

"I’ve got a penis
You’ve got a penis
All boys have a penis
Its something nice we can share!

It might have a hoody*
It might not
It hangs between your legs
There’s no need to be afraid of your penis!"

And then the guy would talk in the embarassing candid way about what his was like and introduce the facts of life. I remember our teacher saying, “Here’s a video we can watch to make you comfortable.” And then one of my friends swears his teacher intro’d it by saying, “This will help you understand why girls are the way they are, we can’t teach you that here.” We think he’s bullshitting though.

The song’s gotta be real if we all remember it though. Reminiscing on that though feels like I’m taking sort of hallucinogenic drug. Oh, the laughs. Oh, the tears. Oh thank heavens we never have to watch it again. WHY do schools do this?

I was going to ask if about those awful, awful educational videos (about penises or not) that always seem to be many years out of date, but I’m guessing by this point some of you aren’t ever going to click on a post of mine again.

-Kitsune

*Honestly, we all remember him using the slang term for the wool or cotton jackets with hoods on them! :shock:

<obvious joke>
Micahel Jackson’s next hit ladies and gents
</oj>

Considering some of the things my penis caused me to do over the years, I would actaully say, “be afraid, be very afraid.”

I’ve figured it all out, Kitsune is really Tim Elhajj in disguise!

I was going to ask if about those awful, awful educational videos (about penises or not) that always seem to be many years out of date, but I’m guessing by this point some of you aren’t ever going to click on a post of mine again.

On the contrary. A Kitsune post, especially here is usually a goldmine.

Its a Forum Kinder egg, but it doesn’t dissapoint.

Do brand new educational videos still look like they were made in the 70’s by slightly embarrassed “actors” or am I just showing my age?

Paging Tim Elhajj, Mr. Elhajj, please pick up the nearest white courtesy post.

It’s not my penis I’m afraid of.

Please elaborate.

After reading those “English teacher in Japan” entries, I get the impression that these videos would be pretty redundant these days.

Luckily, my school didn’t introduce sex-ed until a few years after I graduated. I just can’t see how those goofy things could possibly make young kids the least bit comfortable.

Well, it’s just that I know where it’s been.

Maybe that’s why you should be afraid of it. We’ve all certainly had at a least one bad college night experience. Kind of like the Dark Side cave on Dagobah.

Hey, man, don’t project your problems onto my penis.

Hey, the song expressly says that "it’s something nice we can share".

If you two start sharing penises, I’m leaving.

So, um. . . , how did you know what the proper plural for ‘penis’ is? (I would have guessed ‘penae’, but then I’ve never found need to use it in conversation).

So, um. . . , how did you know what the proper plural for ‘penis’ is? (I would have guessed ‘penae’, but then I’ve never found need to use it in conversation).[/quote]

Penii? Penises? Penibus? Where’s Xtien when you really need him?

By God, your right!!! Penae would be the feminine plural, wouldn’t it?

In Latin, it is a third declension, so it would be penes (it means little tail!). However, in English, it’s usually penises. Does that help?

Sure. My penis needs all the help it can get.