These Are The Voyages-Star Trek TOS Remastered and Reconsidered

Agree, and we saw nothing of the supporting crew in Where No Man, like we do in the old scenes from Menagerie.

It still kills me how this pilot didn’t get picked up. It’s mind-boggling. The characters and dialogue are so well done.

For those of you that thought an kid as an alien was weird. You do know that the Talosians were women, right?

I did not know that. I assume that’s the alien race’s name? How can a whole race be one gender? And why are we putting this in spoiler tags? Does it concern a future episode?

I think he means the actors. Adding more stuff so I can hide it.

He means the actors but I have no clue

why we are whispering.

It’s the first rule of mumble mumble mumble.

This is just to explain that I didn’t want to spoil it for some people.

You did good. And it’s why Balok being a kid didn’t bug me @Rock8man.

It just highlighted his alienness even more than the spooky monster cut-out.

BTW, @RichVR what was the whole “it was ruined by the new effects” thing all about?

I was afraid someone would ask that. I forgot. I might have been having a few cocktails at the time. I’ll have to go back and look again.

OK, Animated series segue. I hate the Animated Series. I think they are awful, Rich.

So that means once we’re done with the regular seasons of TOS re-watch, we won’t jump to the Animated series? We’ll go instead to either the games (25th Anniversary, Judgement Rites) or the movies (TMP, Wrath of Khan, Search for Spock, The Voyage Home, The Final Frontier, Undiscovered Country, Generations). We can decide which when we get closer to that date in 2020.

I would consider watching the Animated Series after the main run is over. How many are there? I only barely remember these from my childhood.

Oh, I’ll do it. There are a few that I dig. This is just carryover from a discussion Rich and I had that was veering into Star Trek TOS geek land in another thread.

Like 16ish. 20 minutes a pop.

Apparently there’s 22 of them.

That’s nothing. I vote we do it.

Absolutely. They are bite sized. And on the whole, really cheesy.

And were the original series casts only Emmy!

Seriously, that floors me.

Pure snobbery. It’s why The Cage wasn’t picked up. IMO. Anti-Sci Fi bias.

Now I want Cheetos.