These people are idiots: political edition

Thank you for this.

You are welcome. Enjoy.

My favourite after browsing that Reddit for ten minutes:

The absolute problem with Darwinism is that it occurs so slowly, hopefully social media can speed that up a bit!

Yeah, I saw that one. I have to think that red is a straight up troll. He isn’t staring at the sun for hours. But he wants blue to try it.

Eventually, the sun doesn’t even look bright!

that makes sense (and slightly disturbing that someone would try to cause physical harm to others…).

did make me think of this classic moment though - perhaps he was Blue in the convo?

That tax thing is like those dudes who claim to be “sovereign citizens,” and refuse to obey any laws they don’t like. Usually does not end well for them.

And you can mess around with the local sheriff or the county cops and maybe get away with stuff, but the IRS? Those folks will flat-out smack you down hard. No sense of humor whatsoever.

It’s just funny that she thinks checking a box on your w4 means you don’t need to pay taxes.

“I’m the first person who ever read this form!”

She is an idiot.

Amazingly, this isn’t about wearing a mask. Technically, it probably doesn’t belong in this thread. But whatever.

Also, I wonder how much he paid for that ticket?

It may or may not have been two thousand dollars. It’s hard to know.

I thought they were too!

You forgot the “fucking” part.

Georgia Republican Senate candidate, maybe he took too many hits to the head in his football career?

I can see why he and Trump get along.

The whole Walker thing saddens me. I was at UGA at the same time Walker was, more or less. I started in 1979, he arrived the next year. I rode the bus with him. Ok, I rode the bus at the same time he rode the bus; I may have spoken to him once, or not, I can’t recall, but in any even from what I could tell he was a pretty nice guy. Maybe not Nobel laureate material, but hey, his gift was on the gridiron, and goodness knows we had more than a few athletes at Georgia who, shall we say, were a couple of bricks shy of a load.

I saw him on TV some years ago in a celebrity cooking competition, and he still seemed pretty decent, if also still somewhat, um, dense. But now, man, it’s like full-on cliché mode for dumb athlete.

I mean, yeah, he definitely did.

The dude had at least one significant concussion while still in college, and then he played 15 years as a professional running back. As a running back, he almost certainly suffered some non trivial amount of head trauma, given how lax the NFL was about that thing at that point.

After retiring, he was apparently diagnosed with Dissociative Identity Disorder, which is really a non trivial mental health problem. While I don’t want to be down on folks with mental health issues, I think maybe it’s ok to say they shouldn’t be holding high positions in government.

The dude’s brain has some issues, including problems stemming from traumatic head injuries.

Probably very true. I think he is really a nice guy at heart, but maybe the Senate is less suitable for him than some of his other ventures.

Not to be a dick, but…why?