They Are Billions - Zombies Meet AOE

Thats it exactly - Just move your building until all squares are green, and not one is red, like on your picture. I have no idea if your colorblindness occludes you from seeing that, though?

so it’s energy - you need to be close enough to energy, even though it says you have enough when you click on quarry.

wow this game is brutal. I put everything on easy just to learn the mechanics and the balancing of people / food / power / research I felt like I was making progress then on day 21, a horde comes in & wipes everything out.

and I had 3 rangers guarding the area they came in. No chance. Completely overwhelmed.

That as well, but the red marking means you can’t place the quarry there, you have to move it a bit. Kind of like you can’t place your sawmill inside the woods.

It is tough. You are told which way the swarms are coming and you need to shift troops to that side of the map to greet them. A couple of wooden towers will typically slow down a swarm giving you time to react.

Also, rangers are really not very effective. They are for stealth and scouting missions. You want to get some iron production going fairly early to build soldiers who are far more effective at zombie killing and also more durable.

This game is really hard - I love it! A zombie game that actually ends with a horde of zombies overrunning everything? Inconceivable! It’s like playing Kingdoms, where each game gives you a chance to learn a little more and get a little better, with mistakes snowballing into disaster. Eventually, with close to perfect play, you finally win one. It’s going to take a while, but I can’t wait!

XWynn has some tutorials and let’s plays that helped me learn the game, as there’s no tutorial at the moment. He’s an xcom2 modder and tester and has some great long war playthroughs and is just entertaining to watch, as well as being very good at the games. I think it’s ok to link to youtube?

Yeah my 2nd play thru on easy went a bit better… For awhile… At least I was able to get a research building up and farm started. :D

I must be missing something but I can never seem to find any Iron to build soldiers with.

Iron was right outside my walls, but I couldn’t get to it.

Love the idea of this game.

Remind me of good games like Harvest: Encounters and others.

Too bad I don’t have a gaming PC at the moment :-/

Yeah this game seems so up my alley and I’m tempted to throw down some money right now. But realistically I know I wouldn’t be able to play it for some time so - I’ll just watch the videos you guys post.

I played the easiest settings to learn the structures and mechanics, as there are some subtleties. Think I was at 10%. Each wave was easily defended. got to turn 140 or so (150 is victory), and had just about gone as far as I felt I needed to, and was running out the clock. Evidently at the end, there is a final, wave. Massively larger than anything you have seen. Zerg from every where. Held them at all points, except the north and southeast. Units move so slow, not opportunity for a rapid reaction force. … evidently when they destroy your command center you lose.

So if you are idling, even in a 10% game, you are waiting to die.

Though I understand this EA beta is earlier than they intended, Game itself still needs a great deal of balance to make the structures and units meaningful. And there are some zombies that have no counter - the ones that lob the green stuff. You see a few of those and you are going to take losses.

This was another issue I had, the game told me “small horde coming from the west”, so I put quite a few people behind the wall I had to what I thought was the west (left side of screen) and THEY COME FROM THE RIGHT. Fortunately this round I had built many walls so was able to get my group back over to that side, but jeesh!

I looked for but couldn’t find a compass. I’m probably missing something really obvious on which direction is where.

There is a little skull that pops up on the mini-map to show the hoard and its direction.

I agree it needs a compass :)

btw - this is a really nice guide:

Yeah, NSEW very difficult to discern in isometric, especially when they actually mean Screen Top/Bottom/Right/Left

There is definite price rage by the usual suspects on Steam.

Hey @tomchick someone hacked your account because we all know you don’t play early access titles.

zombies.

If it says they’re coming from the west, that just means they will spawn on the west side of the map. Depending on the map layout, they may approach your base from a different direction.