They should`ve never been born!

Well, I admittedly like Hook and the Color Purple but I can’t stand Schindler’s List, Jaws or Private Ryan.

Jaws just never did it for me, though everyone I know loves the bejesus out of it.

I can’t say enough bad things about Schindler’s List. This movie was a blatant attempt, and success, at cashing in on a tragedy. This movie was so pathetically pretentious that it makes me sick. The real Schindler didn’t care about the Jews, he cared about his work force.

And Private Ryan has a great opening but a very, very weak middle/end.

Yeah, Private Ryan needed more killing and death throughout the movie. It should’ve just been a 2.5 hour D-Day landing film. Keep showing everyone coming out of the boats and dying. That’s cinema!

:roll:

–Dave

Holy C-R-A-P! She was my first choice as I read the initial post here. Somehow, Groundhog Day is one of my favorites in spite of her. She even sucks in those shampoo commercials. She has the same crappy delivery in every role she plays. How does she keep getting parts!!!

EDIT: Now, after reading all the other posts, Let me repeat: How in the hell is she still working!!!

Sex with her would be about as fun as sex with a cantaloupe. I wonder if she drones on in the same fashion during sex. At least the cantaloupe would be quiet.

So it should have been the extremely pathetic “Let’s send a squad of guys, IN THE MIDDLE OF WORLD WAR II WAR-TORN FRANCE, to save an ungreatful dumbass thus managing to kill the entire squad except for the recipient of saving and a trendy film director”?

Also: Sticky bombs?

I wish this was mine, but I’m pretty sure it was Desslock who once noted that the climax of SPR is too much like the climax of Jurrassic Park. When the tank busters swooped in, saving the day, he expected a “When Dinosaurs Ruled the Earth” banner to flutter down.

I was going to chime in with a vote for Julia too, but I figured that voltaic and I might be the only ones to hate her acting. Everytime I see her walk down the steps in Oceans Eleven, I wonder when it become fashionable to have a corn cob shoved up your ass. Isn’t she supposed to be the height of sophistication in that role? While I would’ve missed Oceans Eleven, I thought it was a sacrifice worth making to save us all from Pretty Woman.

But then I remembered the only real choice for total erasure - Melanie Griffith. Can you name one movie of hers that you’d actually care to lose? Even the ones I might be on the fence about, I gladly sacrifice for the greater good.

Those were real, and were actually used in combat.

I thought the beginning and end were good. Didn’t like the middle, which was just an updated version of every hackneyed war movie. Even then, there were moments, like the wall falling down and the Germans and Americans screaming at each other.

Loyd Case

There are just so many more terrible films than the ones Spielberg makes. HE is big and powerful and can do what he pleases in the biz. That makes him an easy target for weenies like McMaster, I guess.

So Julia Roberts is worse than Andie McDowell? NO, no, a thousand times NO!

I want the hours back that I spent watching Spielbergs crap. JURASSIC PARK 2? DONT MINDS IF I DO!

But you liked… Hook?

Tyjenks has a sticky bomb in his pants.

I like Captain Hook.

Andie McDowell is a terrible actress, far worse than Julia Roberts. She is, however, very pretty, though I can understand how hatred of her performances blinds some to that.

Along those lines, how about Denise Richards? She’s unwatchable even doing talk show promos for her movies. This is how I understand the McDowell unattractiveness. I see the smile, the boobs, the hair, but Denise Richards comes across as so purely talentless and stupid that I never take her calls.

And one more small suggestion: Mariel Hemingway. Not only do you lose Superman IV, but also Star 80, a movie so bad that despite the nearly constant boobies, my friend and I left the theater before it was over when we were 15 years old, and previously couldn’t have imagined anything that would NOT be worth enduring to see some nice boobies.

Well I like Pete Postlethwaite a whole lot, but that didn’t make me like The Lost World. :)

The good part is that they could just recast Keanu, maybe they could get someone who can act!! Like in ‘Last Action Hero’ when ‘Terminator’ was made by Stallone.

And ‘Dances With Wolves’ sucked. Costner seems to be under the impression that he gets a narrator with every movie, so minutes of thoughtful reflection are ok. However he seems to forget to hire a narrator so it translates into a movie where he stares off into space for minutes at a time.

Andie MacDowell’s prettiness is not the problem here. Everyone who thinks she’s “ugly” (what planet do you people live on, cause I want to go there) needs to justify getting rid of Groundhog Day, which you can’t do.

It’s called “Los Angeles.” :D

Keanu is an interesting problem. In addition to The Matrix, you would lose Bill & Ted’s Excellent Adventure. However, you would be able to erase the horror that is A Walk in the Clouds. Hmmm.

Cathcart, our beauty standards are higher than “in a movie, has a vagina”.

Way to go on the reading comprehension, wumpus. I didn’t say she’s beautiful, or even pretty. I just said not “horrendous” (or whatever you said on page one). Sorry, but if she is “ugly” I really need to move to your neighborhood.

Adam Sandler, notwithstanding “Punch Drunk Love”.

If it’s just the movie careers that disappear, Madonna gets the female nod.

Troy