Thief 3 saves

Long story, but basically I need to wipe my hard drive and start over on my home machine that I use for gaming.

The only real saved game thing that I’m losing are my Thief 3 saves, which really sucks.

Is anyone out there playing Thief 3 that can maybe send me a saved game at the start of the haunted ship? The umm… something Gale I think it was called.

Man, I had like over 90% loot on every mission so far, and bought all these arrows, and flashbombs and healing potions and traps… sigh…

Item hoarding karma strikes! But sorry, no, I can’t help you.

Why did you not back them up beforehand?

http://www.somewhattwisted.com/thief-3-savegames.htm

May I ask why you did not burn your saves to a CD? :twisted:

No second hard disk? CD burner? Zip drive? Tape backup? WinRAR to multiple floppies if all else fails? Come on… you’re supposed to be some kind of hardware expert, right? :wink:

like I said, it was an unexpected problem that cropped up, and now I gotta nuke my drive. I have a backup of my partition, but it’s from about a week ago. And in that last week, I’ve done a whole lot of Thief 3 playing.

I simply can’t GET to my saves to burn them off or something first.

Thanks for the link. Hopefully those won’t be really item-poor. I had really worked up my Hammerite faction standing, too. It’s pretty easy to clip those bugs. :P

Yeah, it is. Don’t worry too much about that though. It only took me about five bugs to get to the best status, which is at least five fewer than the game gives you. :) Then, if you want to max out the bar, just Flashbomb some of the more inconvenient undead in the Abysmal Gale - as far as I know it’s not actually a mission, so the undead you kill will all count towards faction status.

It was a hell of a lot easier than trying to max status with the Pagans. After realizing that I had no idea what the “cornerstones” looked like, I just said the hell with it and mounted an eternal war on all Pagans.

If those saves suck, let me know. I was a faction and item and (almost) no-kill WHORE when playing and I should have a save right at the dock there.

You too? I also never identified those “cornerstones”. OTOH, I eventually sneaked into their territory, and the “elemental gates” are realy easy to identify. Just shoot elemental arrows through the middle, and watch your faction status soar! This is especially easy in their stronghold near the Docks, as there are spawn points for each type of elemental arrow within about 50 feet.

You too? I also never identified those “cornerstones”. OTOH, I eventually sneaked into their territory, and the “elemental gates” are realy easy to identify. Just shoot elemental arrows through the middle, and watch your faction status soar! This is especially easy in their stronghold near the Docks, as there are spawn points for each type of elemental arrow within about 50 feet.[/quote]
You mean I DIDN’T have to backstab every Pagan in the world, loot their camps, set fire to the remains of their quarters, desecrate their sacred places with Noisemakers and gas arrows*, draw the guards in to check the place, cut their disgusting and destructive tree to shreds, and then finally chuck their bodies down the sewers to be eaten by rats?

Aw, shucks. And I figured I was getting a good excuse…

*[size=2]You do realize that I fill my Gas Arrows with methane. Bwa ha ha! Not that live Pagans would actually notice the stench.[/size]

Pagan cornerstones are usually located near “spawn points” of moss arrows. I found six or seven by following this theory. That will at least get you into high neutral. Then fire off a couple water or fire arrows into a crescent and BAM friendly. Or alternatively take their potted plant from the docks to wherever the hell they wanted it and that will kick up your status (I, of course, burned it to gain favor with the Hammers).

I’m having trouble finding the cornerstones as well.

Of course the elemental gate thing is easy.

I got the plant, but I haven’t found any notice yet of where they want it. Don’t tell me though…I’ll look around. :)