Thief 4 being made... maybe

Great, thanks!

I knew the ones denoting the System Shocks and Deus Exes, but I had no clue about the other ones.

Man, I SO want to read Kevin Levine’s SS2 Fiction (hope it’s OK to post this here, Desslock), but I have never finished the game and don’t want to ruin it. I have the game since it came out, like what I’ve seen of it so far (~3 hours of playing), but the game is so creepy I can’t continue playing, because of what I call my “Silent Hill-syndrome”.

It’s also what happens when you take a PC game and chop the hell out of it to make it playable on a console.

Hence IW was stuck with gigantic fonts, a horribly simplified UI, no leaning, no reloading, etc.

Firing weapons always felt wonky to me. It felt like the sound of the weapon firing never lined up correctly with the weapon, and hence made the feeling of shooting feel very floaty and inaccurate. The AI was also terrible and easy to game, which didn’t help. I gotta agree that if it were a straight shooter, it would be very sub par, but the total package made up for the shooter shortcomings in a huge way.

Concept art? Nah.
Screenshots? Nah.
Any relevant info relased at all? Nope.

… well, got t-shirts with that stupid logo on em?

Hell, yes.

I can just imagine someone wearing one of those shirts and having someone ask what the fuck “THIAF” is.

I would rather wear a shirt that says this.

Hit them in the face with a blackjack.

The original Thief shirt on the back:
back stabbin’
arrow shootin’
money grubbin’
one eyed
thief.

Still the best game shirt I own.
(The unreleased ‘my uncle went to the misty mountains and all he got me was an evil ring’ is a pretty sweet one too.)

They may assume that whatever it is, it’s spelled wrong.

So, no talk about the Dark Mod?

Curious to give it a go! Who knows when Thiaf is going to be done…

Oh, look at you, coming two days late to the party… poor thing! :P

Just like The Dark Mod, which I thought would never get done, I’d completely forgotten about the existence of Thief 4 until this thread was brought back from the dead. Oh yeah! They’re working on Thief 4. And it will probably suck. That’s a shame.

Hehe… Only did a search for Thief and obviously missed the other thread! - Like I said, I was rather surprised that apparently nobody was chatting about it. Guess that explains it.
Nevertheless, I do hope we get some more infos on Thief4 in the near future.

I’m playing Deadly Shadows for the first time - they’re all fantastic games, aren’t they? I still prefer the earlier stuff, but this manages to replicate the nerve shredding tension of backpedalling quickly as a guard takes an unexpected route and standing in a doorway peering around for patches of shadow.

What does it mean that I saw this thread get bumped and was more worried than excited?

That’s one of the things that I’m thinking while playing it. At home we’re talking about how exciting it’s going to be which is almost immediately followed by someone saying ‘but of course it’s going to be dumbed down’. I will kick a wall if they implement a cover system.

You think this is a rhetorical question, but trust me, it’s not.

Not so much a rhetorical question as a typing error - edited, now. Do you dislike DS or the whole franchise?