Things to do on a 12-hour flight: Constantine, Melinda, Co

Uh, dude, hello? The Incredibles?

Maybe it’s disqualified because it’s a cartoon, and maybe it’s just that I think superheroes is an inherently goofy concept. But for me nothing comes close to The Incredibles when it comes to the subject.

-Tom

Considering that the source material is comic books, it would be kind of goofy to disqualify cartoons.

BTW, Tom, I agree with you that Absalom would be just too much under those conditions. As I Lay Dying might work better, but frankly Faulkner isn’t an author that I’d even consider for airport/airplane reading. I usually go with non-fiction or mindless fluff that doesn’t suffer because of the constant interruptions.

BTW, Tom were you off to France to sit in cafes sipping Cafe Au Lait while wearing your beret?

France was just a waypoint. I was in Prague, sitting in cafes, sipping cafe au lait while weaing my beret and writing in my journal about Constantine, Kirby Canvas Curse, and Proust.

-Tom

Uh, dude, hello? The Incredibles?[/quote]
Good point, although I would still give the edge to X-Men. I liked the theme better (trampling of minority rights vs. what they can ethically do to fight back is always going to be more compelling than midlife crisis / family comes together stuff, at least for me). And there’s nothing in Incredibles that compares to Ian McKellen’s scenes. Which is no fault of The Incredibles (hard to do that in an action/comedy), but still, X-Men was better in my book. Both excellent movies though.

The key to reversing the damage was to follow up Charo’s latest visit to the Aloha Deck with the dulcet tones of Mr. Roarke. If you switched off after a dose of love, exciting and new, then you’ve probably done irreparable harm.

Hey, there was trampling of minority rights in The Incredibles! Does that change your opinion?

-Amanpour

I was in the Czech Republic last month. Went to the one of the coolest towns I have ever seen - Cesky Krumlov. Great place and I highly recommend going - 2.5 hour drive upriver on the Vltava from Prague.

A paramedic friend of mine ued to hve to run a lot of calls because of a drug called “Love Boat.” It was basically a joint laced with PCP. Bunch of whacked-out people, so he tells me.

The key to reversing the damage was to follow up Charo’s latest visit to the Aloha Deck with the dulcet tones of Mr. Roarke. If you switched off after a dose of love, exciting and new, then you’ve probably done irreparable harm.[/quote]

I loved Fantasy Island for the first couple years. The last season, if IIRC, blew chunks, with the character development ceasing in favor of potions and magical gimmicks that wouldn’t tax the writers too hard.