Things you should never, under any circumstances, ingest but are technically food

Does it make me a bad person that I googled this, found out it was going to only be available in India, and was sad?

I’ve had decent uni, but for the most part I share your reaction. Unless it’s really well done, it’s awful. When it’s properly handled and high quality, it can be quite good.

I’ve heard you’re supposed to eat it fast too, and some people kind of let it sit in their mouth too long.

I had a similar reaction. I adore sushi and will try practically anything, but that stuff is just terrible.

Next up, a natto hand roll.

I’ve had uni and agree with everyone. The texture is bad, like a ball of snot. Plus it’s the urchin’s gonads, so that’s fun.

I tried a natto sushi roll very recently in order to wrap it in something to hopefully made it more edible. It wasn’t. In fact, since with sushi you just sort of throw it in your mouth and chew, I ended up with more natto than I wanted and nothing really to do to not have to finish.

ATM Pizza

ATM Pizza.

Hey, this thread is for bad food ideas. Not THE GREATEST food ideas of all time.

I’m no pizza snob, but $9 for this?

While I am a pizza snob and wish to light that… thing… on fire.

At 4am and in under 5 minutes? Hell yea, sign me up!

Yes, I would pay $9 for that in the middle of the night, to have it ready in 3 minutes.

Tortilla, tomato sauce, cheese, toaster oven, GO

(If you wanna get fancy, you can, and I have).

How do I make a deposit there?

“first one the country” my ass. We had one of those in my dorm in college 12 years ago. The product was awful and it was broken within 2 weeks.

Bottom line is the quality of the ingredients. So I’m guessing, worse that lowest tier pizza chain? No thanks.

Armando: English muffins, my own sauce, decent mozzarella. In the toaster oven. Bingo!

When I’m feeling lazy this is exactly how I do it. Mix in a little shredded asiago or parmesan if I have it. Stick in oven on broil for 5 minutes or so.

Well sure, but the second you toss in “decent mozzarella” you’ve left the $3 mark behind, right? hehe

But ferserious, as the old saying goes, pizza’s like sex. Even bad pizza’s. . . still pizza!

Well, to me, decent is a block of Polly-O. As opposed to pre-shredded which is coated in corn starch or whatever. It doesn’t melt right.

Of course usually horrible-looking pizza is horrible. So that photo above is not exactly appetizing, not unless you missed dinner, anyway. And the pepperoni parsimony is a bad sign. Even dominos can cover a pizza in pepperoni slices… But you really can’t go by appearance with pizza. Sometimes ugly pies are good; and a good-looking freshly cooked pizza that isn’t much good can really be trauma-inducing. So disappointing!