Things you should never, under any circumstances, ingest but are technically food

Heh, I initially misread part of that tweet as “Food News, Recipes, and Tumor”.

A young and stoned version of me would be all over that.

Organic Gatorade. Yes, it’s “organic” so it must be good for you, right?

tl;dr No. It’s still sugar water. It doesn’t matter that the sugar is organic cane. It’s still 7 teaspoons of sugar in one 16oz bottle.

It’s also got ELECTROLYTES, dude.
(salt)

This article came out, and seems like it belongs in this thread.
http://www.wsj.com/articles/americans-eat-554-million-jack-in-the-box-tacos-a-year-and-no-one-knows-why-1483465285
It’s about jack in the box tacos, which are apparently terrible. And yet they sell more than burgers. I have never had one, but from the description, the seems like they take beef and put it in the taco, and then deep fry the whole thing? And then they add american cheese and lettuce?

The best thing about this article is the picture of the hispanic looking woman preparing the tacos.

The expression on her face is priceless. It’s like she can’t even believe what she’s doing. It’s like, “WTF is wrong with people?”

Jack in the Box tacos. So terrible, but so delicious.

Jack in the Box tacos are such a guilty pleasure for me. And from what I’ve heard, the ground beef is more of a paste before it goes into the deep fryer.

And I still eat them.

It’s the grease-soaked shell that actually becomes partly transparent that does it for me. I’m literally looking through the taco shell at the meef wad in the middle before I eat it.

Glorious!

That thing is an abomination

Which, fortunately, I don’t have to witness first hand. The nearest one is 3 hours away in Indy.

I live in Tacoland and for some, incomprehensible reason, they opened a JitB here a few years ago. “They” also opened an On the Border here. We’re on the border! I don’t need a Chicago based chain to imagine Mexican food on the border, I get the real deal!

To be fair, Jack in the Box doesn’t just serve terrible tacos. They also have greasy burgers, egg rolls, chicken pita sandwiches, breakfast bowls, and whatever other garbage they can sell to people high or drunk at 2 AM.

In Texas that yeoman’s service required by several dazed and confused generations Whataburger has performed, as the only reliable 24-7 fast food joint in most 3 horse or larger towns.

Wait, what is that burger in that picture?

It looks like it has 3 buns, like a big Mac, but one layer is just a piece of cheese between two of the buns?

The top “bun” is a grilled cheese sandwich.

I think its a burger with a grilled cheese sandwich for the top bun.

I see that serious eats did a piece on this.

Genius! Imagine the possibilities of substituting an entire other food item for the top of your burger. Pizza top. Steak top. The combinations are endless.

Next thing you know they’ll make a chicken sandwich with chicken as the bun. What a crazy world.

In Trump’s America, all food will become progressively larger stacks of arbitrary food items dubbed “sandwiches”.

Reality has become a satirical parody of itself.

I wish I could remember where, but some point during the last year or two I was at a place that had grilled cheese and applewood bacon sandwiches as the buns around some sort of patty melt. It was glorious.

It was also at a place several steps removed from a Jack in the Box level joint. A sit down and a waiter comes and takes your order type deal.