Things you should never, under any circumstances, ingest but are technically food

Speaking of being a couple steps away from Jack in the Box…

IHOP’s all you can eat special is on now.

I ate a LOT of Jack In the Box when I lived out in Bellevue, WA. It’s one of the few places that was open 24 hours. And it was the only place that was open on holidays like Christmas, Thanksgiving, etc. We went there a lot, and I always hated it. It’s mediocre food, and it’s sooooo bad for you. I probably ruined my health forever eating there so much for a few years.

Even now, Jack in the Box is one of the only fast food chain I know that has so much trans-fats in all their burgers that they have to be listed in the Nutritional Info. (If you have less than 0.5g of Trans fats in one serving, you can list it as 0g on the Nutritional Label, which is how most products still get away with having them).

That’s just a double chicken sandwich minus the bread. Seriously, just imagine adding a bun around this:

It’s just a big sandwich. It’s just this:
https://www.wendys.com/en-us/chicken/spicysrirachachickensandwich

plus another patty without the bun.

Yes, I know you just made a joke, sorry. All in good fun.

Do you mean something like this?

Technically, I’d call that a bacon and cheese sandwich, with chicken as the bun.

Is it even beef in the Jack in the Box tacos? Last I heard it was some type of flavored tofu paste. I love them by the way, can’t beat 2 for $.99.

I’m sure there is soy in there too, but also beef.

Googling the ingredients:
Beef, Chicken, Water, Textured Vegetable Protein (Soy Flour, Caramel Color), Defatted Soy Grits, Seasoning (Chili Pepper, Corn Maltodextrin, Spices, Bleached Enriched Wheat Flour [Niacin, Reduced Iron, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, and Folic Acid], Salt, Garlic Powder, Hydrolyzed Corn, Soy, and Wheat Proteins, Monosodium Glutamate, Onion Powder, Natural Flavors, Disodium Inosinate, Disodium Guanylate, Succinic Acid), Salt, Tomato Paste, Worcestershire Sauce (Distilled Vinegar, Molasses, Corn Syrup, Water, Salt, Caramel Color, Garlic Powder, Sugar, Spices, Tamarind, Natural Flavor, Sulfiting Agent).

It’s meef paste.

That’s what I call all that kinda-beef-stuff you find in the tacos in Jack in the Box or anything on Taco Bell’s menu.

The Demolition Man prediction is slowly becoming true!

Starting January 26th, Taco Bell will roll out the Naked Chicken Chalupa. It’s a chalupa, but the shell is made out of a fried chicken patty.

Here’s the best part. Kat Garcia, Taco Bell’s senior manager of marketing, said that during testing, consumers told them that the deep-fried food item was “healthy” because it tasted “fresh” and had lots of lettuce. Garcia said this surprised the researchers because they did not promote the item as a healthy food.

Food experts call this a “health halo”. It means a food item is falsely perceived as healthful by the eater because of ingredients one would associate with healthy food like veggies.

That looks kind of good, actually.

Get in my belly!

Best thing since the Dorito shells, I’m guessing.

Let’s wait for the comparison between reality and a heavily doctored photo before concluding on the appeal of this thing.

I am completely prepared to be disappointed, lol. The waffle taco thing wasn’t great, for instance.

That chicken looks like it could be dry as hell. Like fried cardboard.

My thought exactly. Getting it to hold that shape means it has to be thin. Then deep fried? Hell no. Chicken skin maybe… Wait. BRB.

It probably will be mostly held together by the packaging.

Which will probably taste better than the contents. :)

I have a serious craving for Long John Silvers right now for some reason.