Things you should never, under any circumstances, ingest but are technically food

I took one for the team on the Naked Chicken Chalupa. Everything was surprisingly not soggy or greasy considering the shell was a piece of fried chicken. It actually did look like the picture except… small. Smaller than a crunchy taco. It was alright, but I wouldn’t order it again.

I tried one last week and thought it was tasty. Now they just need one where the breading on the chicken shell is infused with Dorito dust.

I had one while driving in the dark. Tasted fine but I might need to throw out the shirt I’d been wearing.

Skyline cheese coneys D:

You bite your filthy Cleveland tongue!

I’ve lived in Ohio for 36 years and this was the second time I’ve ever had Skyline. If they’d ever bother, you know, building more restaurants then maybe I’d try it more often :P

I made these tonight. And they were damn good. No remorse.

I went to Skyline once. It was all you can eat night. Poor choices were made.

I’ve lived in Ohio most of my life and still find it odd that a city that is so associated with German heritage (Zinzinnati) has a Greek dish as it’s signature meal. And now I will have to make some and chronicle it in the cooking thread.

Is there a Skyline recipe out there or something? Also they have goetta to represent for the Germans :)

I’ve got a couple of recipes that vary the spices, but the cooking methods stay the same.

My grandmother would vehemently insist that goetta is from Northern Kentucky, not that dirty river valley. :)

I have German friends up here in the Cleveland area, and for years they’ve complained about how they have to wait until someone is passing through Cincinnati before they can stock up on goetta. And then the other day I randomly saw it in the cooler at the local UDF. So if the goetta has made it up this far north, where’s the damn chili?! The only Skyline that’s ever been around here is in the middle of an awful run down place that’s a huge pain in the ass to get to. :(

Also, I look forward to your home made Skyline chili recipe in the cooking thread :)

Always reminds me of this …

I tried the Naked Chicken Chalupa.

It is pretty alright. The chicken isn’t dry, and it isn’t too processed-y. But… I would have liked it more had it been inside a tortilla.

These are our go to for frozen chicken. Big step up from the competition, which are definitely things that should not be ingested.

Chicken that’s been molded into the form of a taco shell isn’t too processed, eh?

Ugh, I tried those once. Maybe you got the good box and I got the bad one :)

Same. Not bad but meh, just put it inside the tortilla like normal :P

Not strictly new, but this thing is horrific along so many axes I couldn’t possibly not post it:

Man, all these options to get rid of carbohydrates in favor of proteins and fat. Where were all these options 20 years ago when I was on a low carb diet and was despairing at the lack of options when going out to eat?