Things you should never, under any circumstances, ingest but are technically food

Who had the brilliant idea to make the horrible concept of a chicken crust pizza even worse by making it Hawaiian style?

I’d hit it.

It’s a Nazi chizza???

I see ham and pineapple on that chicken crust pizza, but what is the yellow sauce drizzled across it?

It’s orange, and it’s clearly thousand island dressing. Because that’s good on pizza.

Oh. I just found out. It’s “KFC Cheese Sauce" according to this:

There’s surely a decent amount of carbs in the batter.

The Hawaiian style is the sole redeeming factor, I’ll have you know.

I bet there’s a lot more carbs in batter and sauce for a typical KFC offering than in a typical deli sandwich on bread or a roll.

In theory this thing is basically some kind of perverted schnitzel, milanese, or chicken parmesan dish, but those toppings and sauces make it into an abomination.

Hawaiian style and pizza never ever go together!

Here’s how I know “Hawaiian” pizza sucks: In Hawaii, lots of non-chain pizza places call it the “Haole” pizza.

Also, it was invented in Canada.

Hawaiian seems to be the default Chizza flavor, although there are images available of pepperoni versions, as well.

Okay. I’m in. Bring it on.

I truly don’t understand how in a world where almost every pizza shop has a dozen or two dozen toppings, people go out of their way to single out a particular ingredient combination and then loudly tell everyone at the party (or forum) not that they don’t like it, but that it is objectively gross.

Exactly. I may think that the standard ‘supreme’ pizza style is gross, but you don’t here me talking about how people who put olives or green peppers on pizza are ruining it.

Pineapple and ham on pizza is amazing. If I’m not getting a deep dish from a local joint, it is one of my two preferred options (the other BBQ chicken). And Hawaiian with BBQ sauce from Aurellios? Damn tasty.

It’s not hard to figure out. When someone writes something like “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice was the best movie of 2016” or “Star Wars: The Phantom Menace has yet to be topped by any other Star Wars property” people are going to argue. You’re free to enjoy whatever you want regardless.

I’m bored so I took a guess at it. I’m going to equate the crust there to something akin to a KFC extra crispy chicken breading or maybe the popcorn nuggets. Two breasts of extra crispy only have a total of 20 carbs, while a large order (huge) of the popcorn nuggets clocks in at 39 carbs.

So, not great for very low carb, but moderate I guess, until you look at the calorie count on that thing.

My girlfriend works in the service industry and has been in restaurants for 30+ years. Let’s just say, it’s not only people at parties. She would probably tell you the MAJORITY of customers are picky bastards that want to nitpick single items out of anything ordered. I wouldn’t say it is that high, but it is certainly a decent amount of people. And some of them are vocal. It’s not just pizza.

Hawaiian pizza is generally considered an abomination, so people who like it are an oddball minority. However, my local place makes a fabulous version using BBQ pulled pork that I love so it is possible to make it good. KFC probably isn’t the best place to find a good Hawaiian style pizza.

No it’s not, it’s just a choice of toppings.

No they aren’t.

No problem. Agree to disagree.