Things you should never, under any circumstances, ingest but are technically food

Yeah, not too too bad for carbs on basic chicken items. Let’s look some up:

KFC original chicken breast. About as low carb as you’re going to get considering it’s covered with batter. 146 g total and 9 g carbs. 320 kcal. So that’s 6% carbs. Not bad for both total or ratio. Of course high calories compared to grilled or roasted, but you knew that going in when you ordered fried chicken.

KFC popcorn chicken (kids order). 81 g. 19 g carbs. 290 kcal. 23% carbs. Now we’re getting somewhere. These things have a lot of batter per chicken bit.

Now their really bad-for-you foods are listed per serving or per sandwich, not per weight, so I can’t determine the percentage of carbs by mass. But for example the doublicious sandwich has 570 kcal and 47g of carbs, or more than 5 of their chicken breasts’ worth, and the chicken twister sandwich has 650 kcal and 54 g of carbs, which is pretty much the same carbs as a bucket of regular chicken.

One night after many drinks I was very hungry. I ended up eating two KFC chicken pot pies. That’s 1580 calories and 3940 mg of sodium.

The ultimate pizza is topped with pepperoni, jalapenos and pineapple. Anything else is just uncivilized.

We’ve all been there. A few years ago I was 65lbs heavier and my life at that time and prior to it was, shall we say, no holds barred. I remember one evening being drunk and picking up a taco bell 12 pack. I polished off 10. 10 fucking tacos. Conservatively that is 1700 calories and 3100 mg of sodium.

It is a testament to the human body that we could both punish ours like that and still be alive today. I’m sure I could remember even worse days/meals if I put my mind to it.

What happened to the other 2?

Great question. They fucking disintegrate and become blobs of taco shit ingrained into the wrapper. I think my drunk self said fuck it, and didn’t want to deal with the mess. My dog had those.

If this story ends in “bindle tacos,” then I know @Skipper IRL…

edit: so much for that theory!

It does not, at least from what I remember from that drunken evening. But now you have to finish the story.

You said it, brother.

So while working as a residential counselor at a camp for gifted youth in central Kentucky many moons ago, I had this friend/coworker, we’ll call him Andrew. Since that’s his name.

Anyway, en route to camp that year, Andrew–a very tall, gangly, pale ginger with enormous coke bottle glasses, a twisted-up sort of face that always managed to look either incredulous or like he’d just smelled stinky feet, and a rasp-whine of a voice you could hear from a mile off–had decided to stop at the military surplus store in town, buying a ton of old fatigues, knapsacks, etc., on the cheap.

He took to wearing this stuff all the time, at first as a gag, but as camp dragged on and madness brought on my sleep deprivation, copious drinking, and the constant chattering presence of 200 precocious-but-often-obnoxious children began to set in for poor Andrew, it became deadly serious. He clung to his tatty old military gear like a safety blanket, wearing it everywhere and often refusing to shave or change for days on end, eventually adopting the persona of a gaunt, haunted homeless military veteran and only answering to the name printed on the pocket of his worn green shirt.

Between camps (the program ran two, back to back, with naught but a weekend’s break to separate them), he took the homeless bit to a whole new level, fashioning himself a bindle out of some cloth and a stick he’d found. He carried it around everywhere during our adventures that weekend, much to our mixed amusement and horror.

The last night before the kids arrived, we made a drunken sojourn to Taco Bell and purchased what might have been dozens of soft tacos for our frantic consumption. We all wound up passed out in various rooms, reeking of booze and dogfood-grade beef.

Come the next day, as we all raced to repair the damage we’d done to the dorms in our stupor and get our new batch of campers checked in, no one saw much of Andrew, so it wasn’t till that night that he lumbered down to the common room, bindle in tow.

As we sat around getting ready to watch Teeth, he untied his sack to rummage through its contents and there, at the very bottom, he found three fully wrapped, entirely unconsumed tacos.

Andrew, of course, ate his bindle tacos with the appropriate amount of shame.

The level to which this story is appropriate for this thread is actually kinda surprising me!

I would eat bindle tacos right now if I had them.

I too, would eat bindle tacos. I’ve already taken my shame in hand with my 10-taco evening, what’s a bindle taco or three added to that.

Bindles full of tacos.

Confession: I just shamelessly stole that joke to share with the camp crew.

Taco Bell isn’t like leftover pizza though. It gets really gross one it hits room temperature. Like the hard tacos turn soft and the grease from the meat soaks into it and turns it into almost a paste that’s clinging to the outside of the ingredients instead of a shell that contains them. Beans get hard, cheese goes all weird and crunchy, lettuce goes limp, etc. Eww.

I refer to this as taco concrete, as the meat/grease/shell adhere to the wrapper and if left out for a few hours, becomes this solid dried mass that is literally concrete. We should build a wall with it. Maybe between us and Mexico?

And we’ll make them supply the tacos.

We could tax the tacos to pay for it all.

This is especially true for tacos from Jack in the Box. Their fate is even worse than Taco Bell tacos.

Except that Jack in the Box tacos are like that as soon as you get them.