Things you should never, under any circumstances, ingest but are technically food

Subway is pretty gross anyway.

It’s consistently bland though so you know what you’re getting. I guess that’s a plus for some people?

For me the benefit of Subway is that I can take a sandwich, and load up with about 8 different kind of veggies. Subway club with spinach, lettuce, cucumber, onion, jalapenos, and other things. Which, when on the road, is often exactly what I crave over another greaseburger.

Without the veggie overload I’d have no reason to go to Subway.

It sucks that it doesn’t have a higher percentage of actual chicken, but in the world of “What did I just eat?” 50% soy isn’t really too bad. This is like when we found out Taco Bell ground beef was mostly soy. It’s actually kind of a relief.

Nah, Soy is generally fine as a filler for this kind of thing… although it seems weird for something which is supposed to be grilled chicken. I guess it’s being sold as a “patty”? So basically ground meat.

Things like Boca burgers are totally fine. It’s a good use for soy meal.

There’s nothing inherently wrong with soy protein. It’s the fact that it is masquerading as chicken which is rather dodgy. Subway markets it as “Oven roasted chicken” and not a chicken patty which is misleading. Also, they responded to the Marketplace piece with a statement which has been published on the Marketplace bog.

http://www.cbc.ca/marketplace/blog/company-responses-chicken

They’re response claims “Our chicken strips and oven roasted chicken contain 1% or less of soy protein.” which is wildly different from the test results from the Marketplace program. Either Subway is lying, or somebody in Subway’s supply chain is lying, but the end result is that the over roasted chicken is half oven-roasted soy. Well. at least it isn;t made from Soylent Green.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not cool with them lying/being wrong on their ingredients. They need to get that straightened out. I’m just saying that out of all possible things that could’ve been in the chicken, soy isn’t close to the worst.

No comment.

https://m.popkey.co/3ccf94/wGg0y_s-200x150.gif

Crazy ballpark food season is starting soon:

Easy to eat, hard to keep down.

Even the picture looks horrific and you know it is 20 times better than what it actually ends up looking like.

On a related note, I ate one of those naked chicke chalupa things, and it was good.

4/5 stars
would eat again

Eat one while you still can :P

Telefrog I’m so confused by that package. Is it a burger? Just a hot dog? Is the hot dog flavored like a pizzaburger? What the fuck is a pizzaburger? Are there two hot dogs in the package disguised as bugers? Is each burger double, or what the fuck does 2 burger/burgers mean? Pickles? Mustard? What are the shavings next to the hot dogs? Are those the same as the crispy bits that look like fried boogers on the, “pizzaburger?” Why is the bun so fucking large? What makes them special edition, do we collect them like foil based trading cards? Are they new new, or just new? And aren’t all burgers easy to eat or are these special (obviously,) like do they have hand grips built into the bun?

A pizzaburger is just a hamburger with pizza sauce and melted mozzarella on it. Ends up tasting like a meatball sub.

I have no idea what the fuck that abomination is. It looks like someone literally chewed up a bunch of hotdogs and threw them up onto a bun.

It took me way to long to notice the gherkin hiding there. Who’s idea was it to throw a bunch of pickle bits all over the pizza hotdog thing?

And is that FUCKING MUSTARD? On a pizza?

That has to be fake.

Pretty sure the third most requested pizza topping set at pizza hut is hot dog, pickles, and mustard. They really nailed it!

I also like the picture on it that shows a hand holding it and says “Easy to eat!”

Like, “you can hold it in your hand! Unlike a regular hotdog!”

The whole thing is just repellent. Hot dog slices, marina, melted cheese, pickle bits, on a bun? YUCK.

Well, the stores here have been selling these “pizzaburgers” for a while now. The idea is that you cook it like two small pizzas and when you pull it out of the oven you fold the two halves together.

The “hot dog” part just has the ingredients that germans think hot dogs should have - sausage, gherkins, mustard & burnt onion bits. (I think they base this on the popular hot dog stands at IKEA stores, which are huge in Germany.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhoKBo8e2Wo