Things you should never, under any circumstances, ingest but are technically food

I eat Chipotle like once every 3-6 months anymore, and I stopped there today for lunch. And I realized once again why I never go there anymore. Why is their food so bland now? Was it always this way and I just remember it wrong? But I got chicken/black beans/brown rice/corn salsa/green salsa/sour cream/cheese/lettuce and I feel like there’s enough stuff in there that it should have some fairly diverse flavors going on. Instead the only thing that tastes like anything is the chicken, and even then not so much. The guacamole I got on the side was still really good as always, but the burrito was just so incredibly unimpressive. Ugh.

That’s the problem with chains. Eventually the original idea gets a bit watered down to the point that they appease all customers to the detriment of flavor. At least that is my theory.

“Too much salt!!!”
“Too spicy!”
“Cooked too long!”
“Not cooked enough!”
“I’m allergic to xxxx!”

And then you have bland tasting burritos that appease … nobody.

Well the Reno Aces are going to try to outdo their division rival Fresno Grizzlies in the stuff meat into a pickle contest

I would also eat that.

My choice of thread for this past tells you all my choice on this type of pizza.

Totally agree.

But… change the meat to pulled pork and replace the tomato sauce with BBQ sauce and you have crusty Nirvana.

Whatever you enjoy on your pizza is also dumb.

Maybe this explains why I first encountered it (in Seattle in the 70s) as canadian bacon + pineapple. And, yes, it can be safely and enjoyably ingested.

Chef Gordon Ramsey is not on #teampineapple

http://i.imgur.com/6T3QzlE.gif

Ramsey schmamsey.

Heh. I don’t actually have a dog in this race. Some people are just so hidebound and vocal about what other people should or should not eat. It’s fun to tweak noses sometime. I don’t particularly like Hawaiian pizza. Of course if you do, good for you and everyone else. OTOH I like ketchup on my hotdogs. I also like crushed potato chips and hot sauce on pizza. To each their own. Have at it !

My man!

High five

Yugioh squirrel.

It was this day that I realized I was surrounded by a bunch of culinary heretics, and that they must be purged.

My heart bleeds for you. I shall swallow a band-aid. :)

I’d rather you swallow the glory that is Hawaiian pizza (our locals all do with BBQ sauce)

Ketchup, mustard, mayo and sometimes sweet relish if it’s around.

Oh my God.

http://www.zima.com/

You must check out the web page in all its Geocities glory.

Zima is like sprite that gets you drunk.

MY EYES! AAAAAHHHH!!!