Things you should never, under any circumstances, ingest but are technically food

At some point it’s not just being unlucky, it’s systemic issues.

I mean, Qudoba and others use the same principle. WTF is Chipotle doing that they keep tripping on?

I lived off of those for a few years as an IT consultant. And the chicken salad ones too.

At this point they’re into enemy action.

Hey, Chipotle, maybe you need to rethink this whole business.

“We learned yesterday that mice got into a restaurant," the statement read, "and we immediately contacted professionals who identified a small structural gap in the building as the likely access point. We’re having it repaired. Additionally, we reached out to the customer to make things right. This is an extremely isolated and rare incident and certainly not anything we’d ever want our customers to encounter.”

Ornelas said she was happy with how the employees handled the situation, but would likely not return to Chipotle’s West End location.

I have never eaten Chipotle. And now I don’t think I ever will.

Did Chipotle anger the Hebrew God or something? Yikes.

If you’ve ever eaten at mall, you can be certain there were rats in the structure.

It’s not the rats I worry about.

Chipotle is stuck in the same bad PR spiral United is in. The only way to dig yourself out of that hole is to drastically and categorically clean house. (In this case literally as well as figuratively.) When you’re being scrutinized for every mistake, you have to go above and beyond to make amends. It’s not fair, but that’s the way it is.

Most restaurants have rodents. Correction: Most businesses have rodents. But, most restaurants don’t already have multiple black marks on their brand for sickening people.

Yeah. Most restaurants do not have rodents. Not visible ones, anyway. One rodent reported in the reviews for a restaurant with any pretensions to quality, and that’s pretty much that. Now fast food chains make no such pretenses, but even so, I know I’m not eating at my local pizzeria or grill shop again if I see a rat there.

My first apartment was in a building swarming with rats. You could feel them running under the floorboards and hear them in the ceiling. Rats don’t bother me. Or mice. Food borne illness, OTOH, certainly does.

Hahahahahaha

As someone who loves Chipotle, this level of risk is completely acceptable to me. Some of the places I’ve eaten at because they taste good are… let’s just say… worse.

Well, to be fair, norovirus is not a systemic thing, but a location based thing. So, if you think the teens manning your local Chipotle are washing their hands, you are probably good.

That stuff already exists in Germany and is called Meat Salad, albeit with a different mayo to meat ratio. It has grossed me out since i was a kid.

https://www.nadler.de/uploads/tx_f7_nadler_templates/categoryOpener/buehne_produkt_overlay_fleischsalat.png

I just threw up in my mouth. Or, by the looks of it, in that bowl.

Cheetos restaurant comes to New York

Not going to lie, I would ingest everything in those pics in a heartbeat. Cheetos are my weakness. I cannot keep them at the house because of that.

If they sold the flamin’ hot cheetos flavor as a powder, I’d be buying that as well.

Couldn’t you just empty a pack into a blender?

Actual Cheetos aren’t flavorful at all with the exception of the topping. It would add a gunky breading kind of texture to things I’d like to put the actual flavoring on. I’ve been able to mimic a lot of it, I experiment with popcorn. Yes, I know they make that popcorn, but I’d like to be able to do so, myself.

Without adding the extra coloring, I’ve settled on powdered cheddar cheese, cayenne, and a little paprika as most of it.