Things you should never, under any circumstances, ingest but are technically food

Man, I look at those pics and all I can think is how much better that food would taste without the shitty Cheeto dust all over it.

with a menu created by spiky-haired TV chef Anne Burrell.

How sad.

Up here in Canada Chipotle is new. I love it there. So good. Fresh, healthy, delicious, large portions. New, clean stores, good prices. Long lineups though.

It’s the best way to guarantee you get your RDA of listeria and e-coli.

Sure, but that barbacoa and guacamole. Just saying

After you have explosive diarrhea and projectile vomitting, you have more room for bland burritos.

The whole Chipotle illness thing is completely overblown.

Can you clarify? Are you talking about the one where the rats fell out of the ceiling, the store they closed in Virginia, the one that hit 6 states or one of the other ones. Can you clarify which foodborne illness that involves Chipotle that is overblown? There are so many it’s hard to know which one you refer to.

Unless you catch it. In that case your anus is overblown. :)

All of them, they are all overblown.

This seems like you would die from alcohol poisoning before enough copper leeched into your drinks to harm you.

Speaking of…

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/08/10/chipotle-closes-dallas-restaurant-seen-in-viral-rodent-video.html

Chipotle has a similar problem to what United has. They had one really, really bad incident but now they are constantly in the news for more minor issues. In normal circumstances it would be minor and barely noticed. If you get one every 3-4 months, keeps you in the headlines.

Would you eat a Pop Rocks burrito?

I’m going to share a secret with you all that I have never shared with anyone else in my life.

I try every goddamn gimmicky menu item Taco Bell offers, at least once. From the Doritos tacos to the chalupa with a fried chicken shell to the Captain Crunch dessert balls, I’ve put each of them into my body one time. Some of them more than once. I hate myself for it.

Publicly, I’ll deny it. I’ll never admit to it. My friends will say “Have you heard of the burrito with Pop Rocks in it?” and I’ll say “That sounds like a terrible idea, who would eat that?” But privately, I’m telling you now that I’m going to eat that burrito.

The first step to recovery is admitting that you have a problem, so bravo to you!

I don’t try every one of them, but to some degree I also like Taco Bell’s decent into food madness.

And the pop rocks burrito has me (almost) at this:

I’m so glad it’s not just me. But it’s not a problem because the stuff is usually goddamn delicious (except the Doritos shell tacos, which always taste like stale Doritos), even if it’s probably taken decades off my life.