Things you should never, under any circumstances, ingest but are technically food

I agree. I’ve had them and they are an excellent olive to just snack on.

Castelvetranos are great! I use them in antipasto salads :)

I’m not saying McDonalds shouldn’t be more healthy. Pretty much anything they do kinda has to go in that direction, after all. But if you’re looking for vegan food, I’d think you could do better than the quality (of lack threreof) that is imposed by the McDonalds price level.

And my guess is that it really isn’t all that healthy either. Their salads used to (maybe still do?) contain more calories than the Big Mac.

Nah.

Big Mac - 563 calories
Southwest Grilled Chicken Salad - 350 calories
Southwest Buttermilk Crispy Chicken Salad - 520 calories

But even so, most restaurant salads are a minefield thanks to the dressing. If you stay away from the cream-based dressings, you’re usually okay.

Speaking of McDonalds, apparently their whole “we’re bringing back the Szechuan sauce for a day!” thing is backfiring.

They sent like… 20 packets to each store. Way more people than that showed up looking for it and people are getting into fights over it and other nonsense. Assuming the outlet got any at all.

They are apparently taking some production tips from Nintendo.

This was always a dumb comparison. A salad is a full meal. You order the salad and a drink, consume them, done. You control dressing amount and type so you can get a dressing that’s not all that bad and then not put much on there.

Pretty much no one goes into a McDonalds and gets just a Big Mac, then eats it and goes home. They order it with fries. Anyone who has dieted knows that the burger is the low-cal part of the meal. It’s a piece of meat in between a bun. The meat at McD’s isn’t very fatty (although that sauce on there will kill you), and a bun is usually around a couple hundred calories. I’m on weight watchers right now and a Whopper (for instance) is totally fine if I tell them to lay off the mayo. But the fries… the fries are astronomically bad for you.

Meanwhile the salad is meat but no bun on mixed greens. Sometimes they throw in bacon (which is a mixed bag depending on your diet, so maybe tell them not to) and you need to not use two packets of dressing. It is so much better for you, and the greens make the rest of the nutritional profile (the part aside from calories) better for you too.

So, next time you hear someone say “It’s the salads you have to watch out for, those are so bad for you,” you just go right ahead and punch them.

That wasn’t my point. What I was trying to get at was that just because it’s vegan, doesn’t automatically make it healthy (especially at McD’s).

But otherwise I do agree with your point that it’s a somewhat silly comparison.

Apparently McDs is testing a vegan “burger” right now in Finland and might roll it out to more areas if people like it.

This is just to say

I have eaten
the szechuan sauce
that was at
the mcdonald’s

and which
you were probably
saving
for the cartoon

Forgive me
it was delicious
so tangy
and so hot

21 sold. $9.99 each.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Framed-Picture-Of-Szechuan-Sauce-Packet-From-McDonalds-Rick-And-Morty-Promo-/172912329167?hash=item284260c1cf:g:aOEAAOSwjghZ2UOb&afsrc=1&rmvSB=true

Once purchased I’ll send you this spectacular HP Deskjet 2600 printed photo of a genuine Szechuan packet from McDonald’s on Oct 7, 2017!

NO SAUCE INCLUDED!

Haggis should never be eaten, of course. But I suppose Canadians should have the same right to ingest something insane as everyone else. If you’re letting the rest of the haggis in, though, it seems silly to keep out just the sheep lung.

In other haggis news…vegetarian haggis is a thing. Not a good thing, obviously. But a thing.

I always tell myself I’d try anything once, but. . . haggis pushes that boundary. Hard.

It’s never a healthy idea to eat a Krispy Kreme doughnut. Of course, I do it anyway. On Halloween, if you’re in costume, you can do it for free!

Finally! I have scientific proof that black licorice is garbage!

https://www.fda.gov/ForConsumers/ConsumerUpdates/ucm277152.htm

If you’re 40 or older, eating 2 ounces of black licorice a day for at least two weeks could land you in the hospital with an irregular heart rhythm or arrhythmia.

FDA experts say black licorice contains the compound glycyrrhizin, which is the sweetening compound derived from licorice root. Glycyrrhizin can cause potassium levels in the body to fall. When that happens, some people experience abnormal heart rhythms, as well as high blood pressure, edema (swelling), lethargy, and congestive heart failure.

This doesn’t really belong in this thread since cinnamon rolls are awesome. But, if you cooked one this large, and then you ate it all, you would likely die. So in that sense, you should not ingest it. Find help in the eating!

https://nationalpostcom.files.wordpress.com/2017/10/haggis-11.png

Though the individual constituents sound terrible, outside of the lining that looks really good to me. Like corn-beef hash with a little macaroni.