Things you should never, under any circumstances, ingest but are technically food

I’m not sure if this qualifies because really it’s just flavored tea, but I’m usually pretty snobby about tea. So I’m feeling a little sheepish about my newfound addiction to Bigelow’s Eggnog’n tea. I got a box for Christmas, and I’ve almost finished it and I just ordered a case of 6 more boxes from Amazon. This stuff is weirdly addictive, and almost, but not quite, entirely unlike either eggnog or tea.

I think you should freeze the butter first. They make fried ice cream, they can make fried butter.

My mom told me about this state fair food she once had a few years ago. It was asparagus and deep fried butter. The container was made by deep frying a breaded stick of butter. The stick of butter would completely melt away into the oil leaving just a shell of fried batter/breading exterior. Inside was placed some deep fried asparagus (no coating of its own).

Sounds genius, if a bit wasteful.

Nothing wrong with eating a donair, but this is ridiculous.

(Meat sweat intensifies)

We have a BBQ place nearby that has a Fatboy Sandwich Challenge. It’s a BBQ sandwich with pulled pork, brisket, and smoked sausage on a giant kaiser roll with slaw, onion rings and cheese sauce. There are also extra onion rings, and a big side of mac and cheese. As far as I know it’s never been finished. Per usual with challenges there are gotchas they throw in there. You have to finish not just the sandwich, but the sides as well as the bun. So the entire plate probably tops out at nearly 6 lbs, but the sandwich itself has 5 lbs of meat.

I used to hang out with a group that went there every Friday for a pint night they had so we would regularly watch someone fail this challenge. Between meat sweats and food coma, the people rarely got halfway through.

Here’s some random person behind it for scale.

My God, what is that, like 20K calories? What did it cost?

I’ve not had it, but typical of food challenges, it’s expensive, or free, depending on if you finish it.

There are multiple locations but at mine thats a $49 meal. It comes with a pitcher of a drink or your choice. Technically an entire family could eat that thing.

I think I’mma need that restaurant (chain?)'s name. . .

Cuz I’m gonna be in Charlotte-area a couple of times this coming month. . . `

When I first saw that pic, I thought that pole in the background was being used like a toothpick to hold the sandwich together.

Even if I were crazy hungry, I’d struggle just to get halfway through that bowl of mac & cheese, never mind the sandwich.

If the drink isn’t required to be consumed, it’s just a trap! Drinking liquid to fill up your stomach seems like a big…wait a second even trying to eat that thing is awful.

Too much of a good thing isn’t a great thing.

Mac’s Speed Shop and BBQ. Good news, they have locations even outside of Charlotte. But I think Greensboro is about as close as they get.

I’m the same way. A bowl of pasta would fill me up, REALLY quickly. Nevermind that much meat on a sandwich, I would fail before even getting that far.

Gonna possibly be in Gboro, too. . . yesssss

Good luck! Let us know if you made it.

He doesn’t mean “arrived at the destination”. He means let us know that you survived the food.

I understand the attraction of these challenges. I used to watch Man vs. Food. But there is a difference between a challenge that might be beaten and a pile of food that nobody could ever finish.

Edit: BTW Adam Richman has lost a lot of weight since he left that show.

Oh, to be clear, I have absolutely no intention of ordering that stupid thing. I’m going to those towns to go to metal shows. No one wants to pack several pounds of greasy meat into themselves before getting shoved and jostled for 4 hours.

But the food did look good in general, so I will totally order a normal-sized dinner there :)

Yeah, there is only so much physical room in a human’s digestive tract.