Things you should never, under any circumstances, ingest but are technically food

These are awesome.

Sorry Cincinnati

Wow I have a high tolerance for trying foods but that looks like barf. Or the squirts. I can’t make up my mind.

It looks like what I assumed a Hot Brown would be when I first heard the name.

Heh. I would make that for my first wife. Green, purple, blue pasta. She got tired of it real fast. Hey, we smoked a lot of weed back then.

I thought a hot brown was different. From the descriptions of it, it sounds pretty good.

Dave’s not here man.

A hot brown sounds horrifying but looks and tastes delicious. It’s one of three good things from Kentucky.

Bourbon, the Kentucky Derby …

< drawing a blank >

Hot Browns, Great American Doughnut Shop’s enormous apple fritter served to you by an extremely unpleasant and snippy elderly Vietnamese man in Bowling Green, KY, and the summer camps for nerds hosted by the Center for Gifted Studies, actually.

Google reminded me that we both forgot KFC. Or did we?

I’m trying to.

I had it the other day for lunch. I had forgotten the associated heartburn. No clue why chicken tenders would cause heartburn, however.

KFC is at best the fifth or sixth best chicken-focused restaurant I can think of. . . depends whether or not I’m knocking points off of Chik Fil A over their grody politics.

That’s from one of those midwestern states where they put chili on overcooked spaghetti, right?

Yes, but mostly it’s the green food dye which takes it to a whole new level of ‘do not want’

I feel the same but it varies based on my mood. Popeyes would be a highlight when traveling through the ATL airport for fast food fried chicken. Around here if it had to be fast food I’d go for Bojangles over KFC, any day of the week. If I’m actually dining IN the restaurant though, Chik Fil A. They are clean as can be, and at leas the ones around me are very well run.

We should have a poll on the best fried chicken chain. I’m sure there are a ton I’ve not tried. As an example I’ve never had Church’s.

I was super let down by Church’s when I had it in Knoxville. My favorite (existing) chain is Raisin’ Canes. I still harbor a love for Andy WOW’s, a small chain from Ohio that opened a location in my hometown in TN before going outta business about a year later. They were amazing.

Maybe the fryer grease is too old.

No contest. Planning to have some tomorrow lunch.

Hot damn that looks good, Ginger.

I think either that or it’s those new flavorings. Can a man not just order normal fried chicken tenders at KFC anymore? It reminds me of Taco Bell. They have 40 different versions of a taco, and i just want a plain taco at times, which leads to, “did you mean the,” questions from the person taking my order.

I swear, one of these days …