ThinkTanks released for the PC

Quoting the press release…

ThinkTanks is a tank combat game with gameplay that is a lighthearted, fast-paced pandemonium designed to be a blast for the new and experienced gamer alike. Either battling against brain-hungry bots in solo play or going head-to-head against others online, ThinkTanks has something for everyone. The game has both team and individual battlemodes and includes a solo mode where the player must battle against their oppressive alien captors.

“GarageGames believes that players and not marketing hype should drive what games are hits, the player response to ThinkTanks on Mac and Linux indicates that players are driving ThinkTanks to full-on hit status.” comments Jay Moore, GarageGames Evangelist. “BraveTree took the time to really focus in on a fun gameplay mechanic, that is what makes a game like ThinkTanks stand out.”

“ThinkTanks, is a fun addicting family game that takes a competitive edge online or can be a laid back game you can just enjoy playing with your wife or girlfriend. This game is one of the few games that kept me wanting to play more for over a month.” Bryan Walters, play tester comments. Damon Mitchell, Concept Artist and Dad of Morgan age nine, mentions, “I played [ThinkTanks] last night and was getting a real kick, then I put my daughter down in front of it and I couldn´t get her off it. She exclaims:´ this game is awesome´, dad.”

“ThinkTanks was a great game to work on” comments Clark Fagot, Technical Director for BraveTree. “We met every expectation we had and exceeded most. This is a game that casual gamers pick up and enjoy right away. Hard-core gamers put down Battlefield 1942 and Unreal Tournament and play ThinkTanks instead. We´ve been playtesting this game for 2 months now and nobody is bored yet. I´m very confident that we are giving people a fanstastic game for only $20.”

ThinkTanks available for $19.95.
Windows, Mac and Linux demos download links can be found at ThinkTank Demo Downloads

On a more personal note, I was one of the beta testers on this game though it’s last few months of development. I must say that while it’s not as content heavy as a retail game (it was developed by an independant studio composed of 3 guys) i’ve been haveing a blast playing it. I’ll actually fire it up instead of BF1942 or MOH. Anyway, i’d reccomend checking it out, see what you think of “indie” games ;)

““ThinkTanks was a great game to work on” comments Clark Fagot, Technical Director for BraveTree”

Oh, Christ, what a name to have now that OMM’s back. Especially if he sees the customer review that kicks off “ThinkTanks is a gem! Forged in the fires of BraveTree´s creative foundry ThinkTanks emerges as a finely polished jewel” :P

Still, looks like an interesting one. Downloading…

;) Yeah, I can’t imagine going through school with a name like that, he said he didn’t get much flak for it, though some of his brothers did. Helps that is a really nice guy… and really smart.

Always cheers me up to see a small team coming up with something cool - still burning my way through the GalCiv demo and waiting for them to bring it out over here.

(At any rate, it can’t conceivably be any worse than playing the Jumping Through Hoops Install game that Sony is passing off as a Planetside beta)

Galactic Civilization – oh man, I remember that game when it first came out on OS/2. Fun game. Haven’t played the more recent version.

BTW, I’m the Clark mentioned above…no, the name has never been a problem, but Dan’s wrong about one thing – I’m not that nice or that smart. :)

The Demo kicks you out of a multi-player game every three deaths? Also it kicks everyone out when the round or whatever is over, which is a little unusual.

I’d be interested in a version where every shot was area effect, but there was no guide telling exactly you where to shoot (you’d need a better angle indicator obviously).