Third Monitor No Display Shown - ati radeon hd 4350

I am trying to set up a 3 monitor dsiplay using my old HP AMD Phenom II X4 910 and ati radeon hd 4350

http://www.amd.com/us/products/desktop/graphics/ati-radeon-hd-4000/hd-4350/Pages/ati-radeon-hd-4300-specifications.aspx

Two monitor set up works great:

1. Dell UltraSharp U3011 30" Monitor
  2. Acer X233H

Since there is a spare HDMI In on my video card and I have a 3rd monitor (ViewSonic VX900) I figure why not try to connect it.

So my working DVI - HDMI cable is plugged in the last video slot. Monitor powers on.

But no image on the monitor. Windows detected the monitor when it was plugged into the video card. No error.

Windows 7(SP1 all the updates) says my VX900 is greyed out via Control Panel > Display > Screen Resolution

What’s the issue here? Help please?

IIRC, that class of card can’t actually drive that many monitors. My 6870 can’t, so when I turn on my TV, I have to either move over to single-display mode or change the extended desktop setting from going between my 22" and my 17" to one going between the TV and my 17".

It may not be exactly the same config, but I had a hard time getting 3 moniutors to work on an ATI card recently. I could get any two displays to work, no matter the cable outputs, but the 3rd was always greyed out. It was only when I bought a display port to DVI ACTIVE adapter, that I got all 3 screens up and running.

I am confused mate. The back of my 3rd monitor is DVI and the open 3rd port on my video card is HDMI. So I am connecting via a DVI to HDMI cable.

Where does this Display Port to DVI cable fit into things? Where does the display port end of the cable plug into?

Sorry to confuse things. AFAIK, I don’t think your card supports 3 displays. It can support any two connections.

If you get a 5000 series card w/ a display port output AND you buy an ACTIVE Displayport to DVI adapter, you can run three screens.

The 4350 is a /really/ old, cheap card. 2 monitors max.

DVI/HDMI share the same pipe, and that can only drive 2 monitors at once on the ATI cards. So that would be either DVI+DVI or DVI+HDMI but not DVI+DVI+HDMI. If you are wanting a third monitor you will need to start using the display/mini display ports on the card.

As someone stated you will need to use an active cable, and the one I bought the other year was about $30.

Also Armando your 6870 will do triple monitors if you have display ports on the card. Used my 6870 for quite some time in a triple monitor setup without an issue.

Nice! I just noticed those little buggers. Had never heard of them till surprisingly recently, so I had no idea what they were!