&#@^* this can't be good

It’s been forever since I checked my event log. Someone talked about it and I remembered my previous Event Log addiction.

This is the result. Gah.
I think it’s because I disabled a service, but I don’t know how to figure out which one it would be associated with.

So… this list goes on FOREVER…

The error itself:

Any ideas on how to track down the offender (without re-enabling each service or startup app one at a time?

I think that’s related to the just-in-time debugging in Visual Studio. Did you disable that, and do these messages correlate with crashes while you’re testing?

Go to Control Panel->Administrative Tools->Component Services.

Expand Computers, then My Computer, then click on DCOM Config. Under the View menu, select Detail.

In the right pane, you should see a list of DCOM stuff with Application IDs. You can’t sort on App ID, but you might be able to find the one listed in the error(s). That should point you at what service it is.

The actual ID didn’t show up, but I did see Machine Debug Manager in the list. I have MDM.exe disabled because it is a pain in the butt.

Just-In-Time Debugging Handler and CLR Remote Host is listed there as well.

I thought disabling MDM via services would keep my system a bit cleaner (for gaming), but if that’s recording an error constantly it doesn’t seem like it I guess?

Any suggestions on what I should do about this?

If it is the JIT debugging, there should be an option to disable it in the Visual Studio options somewhere, which will probably be a cleaner way of disabling it. (Last time I looked for it was VS6 though, I’m not sure about 2003 or 2005.)

I don’t even have it installed right now. I think MDM and others were installed with Office tools.

Anymore ideas on what I can to do resolve this? Are there options for machine debug manager (somewhere) that might limit its previous constant incursions into my operating sessions?