This is a thread for PS+ (PS Plus) members

It’s annoying me to have to check the weirdly named Vita thread for PS Plus discussion, and I figure there may be an influx of new PS Plus owners like myself after their strong E3 showing and the knowledge that you’ll need it for MP on the PS4, so might as well get in now.

As people probably know, in addition to discounts, the great thing about PS Plus on the PS3 / Vita is that they have monthly game giveaways. You have to “purchase” them during that month, but then you can re-download them anytime, as long as your PS Plus account is current. When I do eventually pick up a PSVita, I’ll have 5-6 of the best titles on the system waiting for me for free.

Also, I was sad because I missed the PS Plus inFamous 2 offer last month, until I realized that I already own the disc of inFamous 2, but never played it past the tutorial. Hooray Backlog!

Problem is that I have all the PS+ freebies (well, all the freebies worth playing) already on PC. I downloaded XCOM and Saint’s Row 3, though, you know, just in case. :)

I take that back – I spent most of a weekend downloading Uncharted 3, played a couple of hours, said, “Jesus Christ, I already played this shit in the first two games!” and uninstalled. I think I’m done with the whole Uncharted/Tomb Raider reboot climb-y shooty genre for a while.

The vita seems afected (not currently the right spelling, the spell-checker suggest “Infected”) by regional thingies. If you create a PS+ European account, you can’t get the USA PS+ freebies. You are free to create a USA or European account, but you are doomed to whatever region you created your account to.

ooops…

great timming :P

Great idea, CLW, as a new PS+ member, this should be handy. :)

Great, now you can keep us updated on what is released each week. Cause I’m too lazy to go check CAG now with their redesign.

What I do is just check

every Tuesday when I get home. I “purchase” any PS+ freebies and then I have them forever. I’ll only actually bother downloading them to my PS3 or Vita if I intend to play them in the immediate future.

Speaking of which, this week is Virtue’s Last Reward for Vita. Which is a beautiful deal and I kinda wish I’d known it was gonna happen before I bought VLR a few months back (I’ve still barely progressed in it), but oh well.

I’ve been looking for a way to do this! I wouldn’t have missed sleeping dogs!

I don’t think that method allows you to tag and grab vita freebies, unfortunately.

I take that back. Maybe they changed it, but I swear there were some vita games on ps plus before that I had to use my vita to get.

PS: You can get anything by checking out on the webstore. You can get Vita stuff from a PS3, too, since all those can be downloaded and transferred by a PS3.

Hmmm it let me grab some vita titles but not all of them.

I was able to “buy” the Virtue’s Last Reward from the https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com link, but when i go to the Vita I can’t download it.

The Vita’s store showed Virtue’s Last Reward as $34.99. I had to reboot the Vita before the store worked properly.

So the PS Blog guys did an anniversary post for the modern implementation of PlayStation Plus.

It’s easy to forget just how many games you get through this service, so that header image is pretty great to look at.

Looking forward to the July IGC lineup.

And here’s said July lineup:

PS3:
Battlefield 3
Jet Set Radioooooooo
Oddworld: Munch’s Oddysee HD

PSP/Vita:
Metal Slug XX (PSP/Vita)
Dokuro (Vita)

OMG METAL SLUG YAY SO HAPPY.

We’ve gotten Battlefield 3 and Munch’s Oddysee so far this month, which means Jet Set Radioooooooo this week.

The PS+ discounts for the summer sale were really nice. I bought the Ratchet & Clank HD collection, Alice: Madness Returns, and Prince of Persia Classics Trilogy, for a combined total of $19.50 for seven games (I already owned the HD version of the first Ratchet & Clank, but Madness Returns includes the original American McGee’s Alice for free now). Madness Returns and the Prince of Persia games had better discounts than on Steam!

August’s PlayStation Plus additions:

PS3:
Hitman: Absolution
BIT.TRIP Presents Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien

Cross-platform:
Star Wars Pinball

Handheld:
DarkStalkers Chronicle: The Chaos Tower (PSP, Vita-compatible)
Machinarium (Vita)

Darkstalkers?!?! Fuck yes!

For Europe its this

Leaving PS Plus in July/August:

31st July: Battlefield 3
31st July: Catherine
31st July: Malicious
31st July: Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus
31st July: Unit 13

Entering PS Plus in July/August:

31st July: Need for Speed: Most Wanted
31st July: Mafia 2
31st July: Spec Ops: The Line
31st July: Lego Lord of the Rings
31st July: When Vikings Attack!

Oh man, why can’t we get Need for Speed? Sads.

I see two games I’d be legitimately interested in out of Europe’s lineup, and I already own one of them (on two separate platforms, one of which is PS3 because it was a US PS+ freebie months ago). I see three games I’m legitimately interested in out of the US lineup, and I already own one of them, but not in a form that would let me play it on my Vita.

I have to wonder if all the people who constantly complain about how Europe gets more retail games through PS+ than the US does are actually interested in those games, or if they just think bigger is better.