This is a thread for PS+ (PS Plus) members

Some of the daily lbp levels shared here were really good.

I’ve only played Anna, which I found incredibly frustrating without a guide. Ninja Senki is a short, brutal retro-style platformer. Steam friends gave it negative reviews. TorqueL is a puzzle game about rolling through platformer levels. I’ve heard that one was fun.

Not a Hero is from the OlliOlli devs. I’ve heard good things.

I tried this month’s free games for PS4. Short impressions:

• Ninja Senki DX - Crappy pixel graphics. But addictive as hell. But I can’t get past the first level. Problem is the controls require a lot of precision, and even though streaming this to my PC has a short lag, it’s enough that I just can’t be precise enough. If I ever play directly on the PS4, I’ll play this one again.
  • TorqueL - The second level was too much for me, I can’t get past the red blood of death. Will not return.
  • Starwhal - I played against one AI opponent and got my ass kicked. Reminds me of Joust. If I ever buy a second controller for the PS4 and am still a PS+ member around thanksgiving, I’d love to try this with other people.
  • Not a Hero - controls are not intuitive at all. And don’t even respond to what’s on the screen. Uninstalled. (Also, horrible pixel art, I hate it so much).
  • Little Big Planet 3 - The worst game of the lot. It’s got the same horrible physics from the first game, it’s still cute as hell, and the story is now more intrusive and boring. Uninstalled.

Ninja Senki DX and Starwhal and TorqueL are worth a try if you’ve got a few minutes.

My membership has apparently expired, and given the price changes in Canada and the very limited usefulness of the membership to me (the only games I ever got that ever interested me were the ones I think I got in the first month, 3 years ago: Resogun and Don’t Starve).

I might have resubscribed if I didn’t already have LBP3, as that’s the first game in a long while that I would have otherwise played, or if I found Uncharted 4 multiplayer more worthwhile (does some good stuff and is very different from the single player game, but it’s not much fun with randoms). Have Battlefield 4 and 1 but never even tried the multiplayer even though it sometimes looks fun, based upon videos of others playing. GTA Online seems like something I might like, but if I was going to try to get into multiplayer gaming it would probably be something that’s more of a simulation (like ARMA3) or a coop RPG. Zero of my local friends do any gaming these days though.

March announced:

• Tearaway Unlimited (PS4)
  • Disc Jam (PS4)
  • Under Night: In-Birth (PS3)
  • Earth Defense Force 2025 (PS3)
  • Lumo (Vita, crossbuy on PS4)
  • Severed (Vita)

Solid month. Disc Jam is a new release headed straight to Plus.

Much better than last month IMO. Tearaway was one of my favorites on the Vita. I also enjoyed Under Night, it’s really pretty. Both of the PS3 games should be fun with a multiplayer community for awhile.

Has anything released in this manner actually been good? My memory tells me otherwise but I can’t fully remember which titles apply.

Rocket League?

Ah, right, thanks! So there IS hope.

Giant Bomb played the preview build of Disc Jam for maybe half an hour on a segment a few weeks ago. It looked like a lot of fun, and had clearly already been well polished for release. The main problem was the tiny player base and thus long wait times. Launching straight to Plus will presumably take care of that.

(It won’t be another Rocket League though).

Early announce: forever-in-beta-formerly-F2P-and-now-pay-game Drawn to Death will be one of April’s PS Plus games to coincide with its launch.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/03/15/drawn-to-death-is-free-for-ps-plus-members-this-april/

Anyone else unable to get to the Playstation Store? https://store.playstation.com/ just spins on the loading bar for me, but I recently had a hiccup with my account, so I don’t know if it might only be affecting me…

I too just see a Loading screen and the actual site hasn’t loaded.

it’s dead, Jim

Next week is looking pretty good.

Killing Floor 2, PS4
Life is Strange, PS4
Abyss Odyssey, PS3
WRC 5: World Rally Championship, PS3
Neon Chrome, PS Vita (crossbuy with PS4)
Spy Chameleon, PS Vita (crossbuy on PS4)

I really enjoyed a few hours of Spy Chameleon last month.

The NA store has a big sale this week. Many games are really cheap with PS+. Hot Shots for Vita is a dollar and change. God of War 3 remastered is 4.

Coming up:

Until Dawn, PS4
Game of Thrones, PS4 (Telltale)
Tokyo Jungle, PS3
Darkstalkers Resurrection, PS3
Element4l, PS Vita
Don’t Die, Mr. Robot, PS Vita (Cross Buy on PS4)

That’s you (PS4) will be free for a few months. There’s also a beta & F2P goodie pack for Orcs Must Die Unchained.

I’m happy. Until Dawn was on my very short wishlist. Tokyo Jungle is cool. It’s really unique in a great way. I highly recommend checking that out. Darkstalkers is a good combo pack of a couple old fighting games.

Spoiler warning: Game of Thrones starts at Season 3 IIRC.

I think Ratchet & Clank is on sale on PSN currently as well. $8 for PS+ members, $10 for the rest of us.

Until Dawn, nice. That might be the first on-disk first party exclusive made available through PS+. And here I thought it would be Knack.

Bold prediction: “free” PS Vita and PS3 games through PS+ will not extend past 2017. In the case of PS Vita, they may be running out of available titles.

Sony seems to have completely broken the PS Plus UI, at least in Europe. When I try to add a game to my library, I’m told to choose a version, neither of which is “Add to library”. Then I have to go through about five more steps, one of which half looks like it’s charging me money, before it will do what used to be one button press.

Edit: Hmmm, may be an artefact of server issues. I can’t even get to the landing page now.

Meanwhile, I’m over here looking at a library full of literally dozens of Vita games that haven’t been PS+ freebies.

Sony could keep giving away two Vita games a month through PS+ for years without any problems, especially if they go back to dipping into the PSP’s library as well.