This is a thread for PS+ (PS Plus) members

Who at SCEA has such a love affair with giving us portable fighting games? Fighting games aren’t really known for their single player modes. Runner2 and Pinball are nice additions; ditto Hitman but I’ve already grabbed that on PC.

It’s an underwhelming month for me, but that’s partly because I already own Absolution and Machinarium on PC, where I am far more likely to play them. Still, can’t all be Demon’s Souls and Virtue’s Last Reward and Disgaea 3.

I picked up Dokuro and man what a nifty little game that is! Your typical indi puzzle platformer with a very Ico-ish vibe to it. A lot of fun.

Rumor is that Europeans will get Assassins Creed 3 as septembers PSN plus free game. Tomorrow will be the day we’ll know for sure. Thats a rather new game to be getting, though, isn’t it?

Less than a year old but anybody who wants to play AC3 probably already has. Ubi drops the price of their games with a month or two a lot so it’s kind of not surprising if true. They know people who really want the game will have already gotten it and it possibly opens it to a much wider audience that may play it and want to get AC4 a couple of months later when that comes out.

Seems like a reasonable time. The new sales of AC3 must be getting pretty low at this point given an October release of AC4. And if they want to use a free AC3 essentially as advertisement for AC4, it really needs to happen now.

Well, considering Xbox has Assassins Creed 2 up on offering in comparison ,I thought it was a pretty good deal ;-)

It’s already confirmed on the playstation.eu blog:

Leaving PS Plus this month:

28th August: Need for Speed Most Wanted
28th August: ICO and Shadow of the Colossus HD Collection
28th August: Demon’s Souls
28th August: LEGO Lord of the Rings
28th August: When Vikings Attack

Entering PS Plus this month:

28th August: Assassin’s Creed 3
28th August: The Jak and Daxter Trilogy
28th August: Stealth Inc: A Clone In The Dark
28th August: Urban Trial Freestyle
28th August: New Little King’s Story

I’m always a bit envious of the EU PS+ offerings.

I downloaded Absolution but with my AirLand Battle addiction, and the arrival of SR4, it’ll probably be a while before I get to it. Not to mention my “rediscovery” of Dawn of War Dark Assault (or whatever) and its skirmish-based campaign.

US PS+ lineup for September:

Resident Evil Chronicles HD Collection (PS3)
ICO (PS3)
Galaga Legions DX (PS3)
Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories (PSP, Vita-compatible)
Rayman Origins (Vita)

Can’t say I’m too interested in Grand Theft Auto or the Resident Evil lightgun games, and I already own Galaga Legions DX, but I’ll definitely play ICO and portable Rayman Origins.

Nice, I didn’t expect to know the list until next week. Hard to complain about that list.

OMG RAYMAN ORIGINS FOR THE VITA! YAY!

It’s a phenomenal port. Enjoy!

Hey, I’ll finally be able to see if I like Rayman Origins. I tend not to like pure platformers like, say, Mario, so my guess is probably not. But a lot of people love it so hard that I could be wrong.

I’ve been hoping for ICO for a while. I bought the HD Shadow of the Colossus when it was on sale a little while back, but I still haven’t played ICO. Interested in Galaga, too. I remember liking the demo.

If you don’t like platformers, I doubt Rayman being a very, very good but also quite difficult platformer will change your mind.

PlayStation Plus in October:

US:
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (PS3)
Shadow of the Colossus (PS3)
Poker Night 2 (PS3)
Hotline Miami (PS3/Vita cross-buy)
Sine Mora (Vita)

EU:
Far Cry 3 (PS3)
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams (PS3)
Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen (PS3)
Street Fighter X Tekken (Vita)
Touch My Katamari (Vita)

Decent lineups on both sides, but the cross-buy game we’re getting is easily the best Vita game on offer.

DAMMIT EU WHAT THE FUCK WHY YOU SO AWESOME.

I actually am not a fan of platformers. I got Rayman Origins on the PS3, was meh on it. Am LOVING it on the Vita. What is it about this little platform that is making me like platformers like this and Guacamelee suddenly?