This is a thread for PS+ (PS Plus) members

I’m not too interested in most of the European lineup because I know I’d never play Far Cry 3, I own Giana Sisters on PC, Street Fighter X Tekken is pretty weak, and Touch My Katamari is apparently a grindfest with only a handful of levels, but I would gladly take Dragon’s Dogma over Poker Night 2, or, hell, only take a single Vita game this month and drop Sine Mora for it. Meanwhile, I’ll try Amalur, at least download SotC, and play the crap out of Hotline Miami.

It’s a little frustrating sometimes watching games I bought a few months ago show up on Plus, but I guess it means I have good taste in games.

It has actually made me better about buying games on sale that I won’t get to right away… “Eh, it’ll probably be free on Plus in a little while”.

Oddly enough, I’ve had Sine Mora in my backlog for awhile, and fired it up a couple of days ago to have some fun with it. I don’t think it controls all that well on the Vita; it’s much better on the PC or 360.

Oooh, I seldom play on the PS3, but would love to try Amalur. I have Poker Night 2 on iOS, and if you like the characters, there’s some fun to be had there, even if interest in poker is minimal. I don’t play a lot of arcade shooters, but Sine Mora looks cool enough I would at least give it a download.

I played through the entirety of Amalur on the PS3 a while back. Very fun time.

Amalur really felt like a single-player MMO, if that makes any sense. I mean that as a compliment, but others might feel differently about it.

It really is a shame about .38 studios.

Amalur is solid. I’ve put about 40 hours into it on the PC and I’m probably 1/2 way through.

I put a lot of hours into Amalur on the PC, and maybe got half-way through. I’ll be looking forward to grabbing it on the big screen and PS3.

Never played Shadow of the Colossus so good news for me.

PlayStation Plus in November:

US:

Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen (PS3)
Binary Domain (PS3)
ibb & obb (PS3)
Resogun (PS4)
Contrast (PS4)
Soul Sacrifice (Vita)
Oddworld: Stranger’s Wrath HD (Vita)

EU:

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (PS3)
Remember Me (PS3)
Oddworld: Stranger’s Wrath HD (Vita)
MotorStorm RC (Vita)

The EU update mentions them dropping to two monthly PS3 games to prepare for PS4 games. The initial PS4 IGC games for Europe are confirmed to also be Resogun and Contrast, but they aren’t listed in the update post, possibly because the PS4 launches at the end of November (or partway through December) over there.

Neither region has announced the new Vita IGC mainstays; I was expecting Soul Sacrifice to be announced as one of them for a while, but the announcement of Soul Sacrifice Delta a few months back and now the confirmation of the original game as a standard monthly title killed that idea. Anyone have any other speculation on what the freebies will be? I could totally see Unit 13, Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational, and LittleBigPlanet cycling in.

Regardless of any of that, both of these lineups are really good.

I am so thrilled with the US lineup it’s silly. I’ve been wanting Dark Arisen for a while! YAY!

Considering these are on the shortlist of Vita games I bought, I’d say odds are high. Just picked up vanilla Dragon’s Dogma the other week as well, but so it goes.

Regardless of any of that, both of these lineups are really good.

Agreed. My patience on Soul Sacrifice has paid off.

Those three are all Sony-published titles, giving them a high chance of inclusion as mainstays.

Meanwhile, I bet there are people seriously expecting, like, Persona 4 Golden, Muramasa, and Atelier Totori Plus as year-long freebies. I know there’s one regular in PS Blog comments threads who’d be like that.

Wow Soul Sacrifice! Awesome!

That’s such a sweet lineup. I’m amazed that PS Plus has remained such a bargain.

Binary Domain is really pretty good. It’s definitely worth trying for free.

Psyched about both Dark Arisen and Soul Sacrifice since those sounded neat but never quite tripped my buy threshold. And ibb & obb sounded neat too. Binary Domain and Stranger’s Wrath I already have on PC but sure, why not. PS4…meh. I don’t own one, probably won’t anytime soon if ever. But hey, I’ll probably have quite the game collection for it if I ever do.

Awesome that more people will get to experience the joys of Dragon’s Dogma. Don’t forget to find the Pawn sharing thread to get the hook up on some free, high level help!

Soul Sacrifice! I might have to finally join PS plus. I should have joined in the summer when Disgaea 3 (or 2 or something) was free, but No Time to Play Anything ™.

Gigglemoo posted part of this over in the bargain thread, but here’s the December US PS+ lineup:

Borderlands 2 (PS3)
Grid 2 (PS3)
Dyad (PS3)
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed (Vita)
Urbal Trial Freestyle (Vita)

And Europe:

Grid 2 (PS3)
Guacamelee! (PS3/Vita cross-buy)
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed (Vita)
Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories (PSP, Vita-compatible)
Resogun (PS4)
Contrast (PS4)

Both sides get a couple of racers, which usually aren’t represented in PS+ (in the US, at least). Dyad is excellent, and now I’m glad I waited to buy Borderlands 2.

No ps4 games?!?!!