This is a thread for PS+ (PS Plus) members

I watch the entire Supercross schedule every year. Those guys are flat out crazy and the racing is fantastic. I really haven’t played a game heavily since the days of Motocross Madness 2 though.

I suspect that Respawn plan for Titanfall 3 someday. They’ve hinted at it heavily over the last year even as Apex Legends brought a whole new group of people to the franchise.

Apologies if this was posted already and I missed it but it’s a great deal on Plus. $35 after coupon code THANKS20

https://www.rakuten.com/shop/antonline/product/1384369/

Thanks for posting that!

It’s very tempting for me. But I really should work through my PS4 backlog this year instead of getting PS+. Because if I spend 2020 only playing the free PS+ games, the backlog will continue.

My current PS4 backlog:

• Finish Ratchet & Clank (I’m close)
  • Finish Bloodborne (I’m kind of close)
  • Finish Uncharted 3 (i’m about half way)
  • Start Horizon Zero Dawn complete
  • Start Last Guardian
  • Continue God of War 3
  • Start Dad of War
  • Start Uncharted 4
  • Start Uncharted Lost Legacy

Once I get through these, then I can think about getting PS+, or Days Gone or Spider-Man.

Just think of it as 35 bucks for a whole year of games you can play when you’re done with these!

Sort of. I’d have to subscribe again in order to have access to them again in 2021.

You’re looking at a bit under 100 hours there. 25 more with Spiderman + DLC.

This is assuming you don’t care about trophies

Hmmm, you’re right. I can’t play 100 hours on PS4 in 2020, not with also keeping up with Game Pass games.

Ok, new plan. I’ll get through those games in 2020 and 2021 combined!

Titanfall 2 today. If you’ve never played it, please do. It’s free. It’s one of the best games of the generation.

The world kill leader is streaming today for the release…

The Titanfall 2 campaign was fantastic.

Uncharted 1-3 collection & Goat Sim now.

half price month available
5$ US (link below), 6$ CDN.

Don’t forget to turn off auto renew.

Might be worth it for you non-subs to say hello to your old game rentals. I’ll be joining you guys in a few weeks and putting my resub $ into 4 months of humble choice instead.

Is the 1-3 collection the remastered ones?

Yeah, highly recommend checking them out. 2nd game is often considered the best

Next week:

• Sims 4
  • Bioshock collection (1-3 remastered)
    This includes the DLC & Burial at Sea.
  • Firewall Zero Hour (PSVR counterstrike)

Damn, I was hoping it was gonna be Doom.

That one is on Playstation Now instead. Same price as PS+ to rent 800 games for a year.

I’ll wind up not playing Sims 4 on two platforms! I just can’t get behind vanilla and the expansion/packs and the other thing prices are ridiculous.

Shadow of the Colossus remaster is one of the PS+ games for March. Get it while you still can!

I give it 5 colossi out of 5. It’s a complete graphical overhaul, but it feels like the game just how you remember it. Bluepoint are said to be the “masters of remasters” and it shows.

Thanks for the heads-up. I’ve been interested in that game, and I didn’t even know it was on PS+ this month, so I probably would have missed out.

To elaborate further on Shadow of the Colossus, I think it’s kind of a miracle. Team ICO somehow captured lightning in a bottle with this game.

While it has its fans, their first game, ICO, was yet another light platforming/puzzle game. Their latest,The Last Guardian, went overboard with the whole AI animal partner thing and is kind of a chore.

But Shadow of the Colossus is somehow both action-packed and moody and reflective. It’s basically a boss game with horse-riding in between, but I don’t think anyone had ever seens bosses quite like this before. Its story (“Save the Princess”) has been streamlined to zen-like impact.

Another lucky accident: many of the colossi ended up being cut during development, but they apparently already had their spot on the world map. So the game has a lot of these strangely empty but seemingly significant these spots, which somehow enhance the game’s mysterious nature.

Agro the horse is still probably the best video game animal partner I’ve ever had, maybe the best partner, period. Interestingly, the horse controls are a bit stiff but pretty realistic: if the left control stick is the reins, you can turn and brak with it, but no go foward, that’s not how reins work. The gas pedal is your legs, not your arms.

This remaster is not a remake, so its 99% the same and apparently running on the same engine too, but they did add a few extra secrets. It’s not much, but it’s something and the fans went wild for a few weeks trying to find them. And they did correct the biggest pet peeve of mine, which is that you couldn’t have all the extra items on the same save file because they were linked to difficulty. Now you can.

I think ICO is the greatest game of the PS2 generation, maybe the greatest console game ever.

That said, Colossus is also incredible and definitely more ambitious (I just think it’s rougher around the edges, while ICO is basically perfect all over). Agree with everything you said about Argo, and I will add that the pacing of the game–with long exploratory stretches through a basically empty wilderness to get to a super-intense big boss battle–is just audacious and it’s amazing that it works so well. I have replayed SotC on PS3, but not yet on PS4. Looking forward to it, especially if there’s some new things to discover.