This is a thread for PS+ (PS Plus) members

I haven’t played either remaster but played a lot of both on the PS2 so I feel I’m qualified when I say I agree with you. I love that ICO is short and to the point, a nice little bundle of game. Shadow of the Colossus on the other hand never clicked with me, and felt like the opposite of ICO - just a little bit of game spread out over a huge area for no real reason. Plus I’m generally not a fan of boss battles and that’s really all Shadow of the Colossus is, a boss rush that’s in no real rush.

We had a whole thread on Ico vs Shadow, and to quote myself from that thread:

I did re-buy Shadow of the Colossus for the PS4 recently when it hit $10, so I’m actually looking forward to diving back into that at some point. I think having a smooth frame-rate will make me like the mechanics of that game a lot more than I did on the PS2.

I love all three of them. Last Guardian may actually be my favorite because of the relationship between the kid and Trico. I feel bad when he gets spears in him. I need to finish it.

It’s weird to me that the horse’s name is Agro, because when the character says it, he clearly says “Ahgo,” which would to my mind be an acceptable Japanese pronunciation of Argo, but no, it’s apparently “Aguro” in Japanese, which is clearly not what he says in game.

Also, Time Attack is much easier on the PS4 remaster because the colossi are a lot less finicky.

Coming up:

• Cities Skylines
  • Farming Sim 19

Hopefully they’ve fixed the PS Now license issues. Cities plays really good on console. I have over 200 hours on Xbox. FPS drops horribly as you hit the highest citizen tiers, but I’m sure that happens on PC as well.

Right now:

• Dirt Rally 2 (no VR)
  • Uncharted 4

Glad to hear you say that. Put a lot of hours into it on the PC, curious to see what it’s like as a console game.

What a yawner of a month.

I’m back in for another month. Here’s what we’ve got:

• Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 campaign remaster
  • Fall Guys (#1 Steam topseller)

Fall Guys is pretty fun.

I had a couple fun rounds with it too, but I wish there was a little less downtime between stages. It breaks up the fun because it takes a little too long loading between each new level and presenting the results.

Fall Guys was their most downloaded game so far.
I really enjoyed it for a few hours. That Seesaw level is great.

Iconoclasts (a free game I forgot about years ago) was great too.

Next week:

• PUBG
  • Street Fighter 5

There’s also a 25% off promotion on yearly PS+ & PSnow subs.

Bah. I signed up for a year so that I can play Bloodborne in October with @Kolbex. Suddenly here I am hoping for a better selection than this.

Wow that’s a really weak list.

Nice!

I’m into SFV, actually.

PUBG is a nice giveaway for sure. If any of you still haven’t played SFV, then you should.

I actually thought PUBG went free to play a long time ago.

Played through Erica (last month game). Took around 2 hours. FMV acting was good, gameplay is basically flicking the touch pad to make ~50 choices and interact with objects. 6 endings but I think I’ll just youtube the others.

So PS+ Collection is coming only to the PS5, it sounds like, even though it’s a collection of PS4 games. It would have been nice if us PS4 owners also got access to it. But I guess it’s crafted as a way to incentivize the purchase of a PS5 despite a thin launch line up, so it makes sense, but I don’t have to like it.

Here’s the announced games.

• Batman: Arkham Knight
  • Battlefield 1
  • Bloodborne
  • Days Gone
  • Detroit: Become Human
  • Fallout 4
  • Final Fantasy XV
  • God of War
  • Infamous Second Son
  • Monster Hunter World
  • Mortal Kombat X
  • Persona 5
  • Ratchet and Clank
  • Resident Evil 7: Biohazard
  • The Last Guardian
  • The Last of Us Remastered
  • Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End
  • Until Dawn

Out of these, I guess I own or have had Game Pass access to everything, except for: Days Gone, Detroit: Become Human, Persona 5, Until Dawn. And honestly, those 4 games are not on my wishlist anyway, except maaaaaaaybe Days Gone. Sometimes it’s interesting to check out a flawed game, it can engage you more than some polished titles.

Oh well, when I lay it out like that, I guess I wouldn’t benefit much from having access to these after all.

It’s an impressive list. More than half were legit Game of the Year contenders.

And definitely check out Days Gone. It’s sooo good! On PS5 with the SSD to help with the load times it will be even better.

If we have PS4 games in PS+ and they’re back-compatible, we’ll be able to play them on PS5 as long as we remain members, right?

Very likely, but I don’t think they’ve confirmed it.