This is a thread for PS+ (PS Plus) members

It’s a good month if you kept thinking about Overcooked but never bought either version. This is the remastered collection that combines OC 1 + 2 + DLC. This version also supports cross play. I’m looking forward to it.

It’s a really good game in Co-op. Much less so solo (though I also play it solo sometimes just to get a lay of the land). It’s a perfect game to bring out at Thanksgiving.

Overcooked is the best co-op game if you want to practice projecting your voice.

“NO DAMNIT! I NEED THE GODDAMN RICE COOKED YOU ASSHOLE!!!” said my 5 year old neice.

What does Hitman 2 contain? All levels from H2 I suppose? That’s pretty good, isn’t it?

Heh. A budding Gordon Ramsey.

Rumor has it the October games are…

Mortal Kombat X
PGA 2K21
…and
HELL LET LOOSE!

If so, that’s just plain fabulous. HLL isn’t for everyone but the beta is solid on PS5 and it absolutely drips with atmosphere and is like nothing else on consoles. Great way to build a playerbase for it too. Really hope this is true.

PGA is really great if you liked the Tiger Woods games back in the day. Played it a ton on PC.

Now confirmed. Very excited to get HLL for “free”. I totally forgot to suspend my Humble Monthly this month so now I’m getting PGA 2K21 on PC and PS4/PS5 and I really didn’t need that PC version. :-/

Glad to see PGA 2K21. I almost picked it up a couple of times but realized it’s the kind of game I might play for 20 mins and never go back to it, depending on how frustration-free the golf-swing mechanics are.

There’s a lot of consternation from some corners of the Internet that this is a “garbage lineup”. I just can’t figure that out. HLL is a brand new game on PS5. Both PGA and MK are high quality big publisher releases.

Gamer entitlement is out of control.

Your mistake was going to other corners of the internet.

Yeah, hard pass. Which leaves a sports game I’m not particularly into - that was also just included in a PC bundle - and a game that’s already included in the PS Plus Collection. Hell, Mortal Kombat XL is the same MSRP. They could’ve thrown that one in the lineup instead.

You may find it hard to believe that people have different tastes than you, and that people on the internet are prone to hyperbole :)

MKX is definitely garbage-tier.

Beyond being part of the PS+ collection, MKXL with DLC has been 5$ for years.

Golf alone makes the other one garbage-tier lol. One of the few sports I like, but we just had a crappy tennis game so I understand people aren’t happy. Especially with 2k having their rep for microtransactions.

HLL is a brand new game that could be great - but it’s not like most subscribers have a PS5 or even know they can activate those games for when they do.

I didn’t make it through the tutorial with a mouse. Hopefully it’s better with a controller!

Shitting on PS Plus line-ups seems to be very popular online. Doesn’t seem to be much rhyme or reason to it. Unless it’s has the new Spiderman or something like that day and date, people hate on it every month.

Yeah, that’s what I’m seeing. I get that Hell Let Loose may not be for everyone, but anytime I see something that’s unreleased being given away with a subscription service, I’m going to applaud that sort of thing even if I wouldn’t play it. Heck, there have been multiple games that Sony has done that with on PS5 already!

Also, @Gigglemoo, on one hand you say “Mortal Kombat is free in the PS Plus Collection!” then you bitch “No one knows they can download Hell Let Loose anyway!”. Given PS4 users have no access to PS Plus Collection, MK X is an absolutely fine giveaway. Make up your mind on whether they matter or PS5 users matter, alright?

No. I don’t care what games are PS+. I was simply replying to this:

MKX is a crappy giveaway. It’s the base version of a 6 year old game that’s received both a sequel and an updated version. Sure, I get that a lot of publishers are including their games to grab some DLC sales but they’d be better off going with MK 11 if that’s what they’re after. Since it’s part of the PS Collection this month you’re either: a PS4 owner who only gets this and PGA, or a PS5 owner who only gets Hell Let Loose and PGA. A far cry from the Old Days where you’d get up to 6 games depending on your platforms. And yes, I get that PS4 owners can grab HLL for later.

Oh man, you are so correct. I can’t believe I downloaded that garbage. The graphics and animation looked and felt dated by about a decade. I love tennis so that to me was a big disappointment. One of my favorite tennis games is still GTA V. The golf in that game is fun too! I wish Rockstar made dedicated sports games.

Heh, already got it from Sony and it’s not the XL version that actually might be worth ten bucks retail. Seems like a legit gripe to me.

I kept thinking they would eventually add a VR game to incentivize headset sales, even on a quarterly basis. Guess not.

Good news!

Starting in November, PlayStation Plus* members will get three PS VR bonus games for no extra charge. Stay tuned for more details in the PlayStation Plus update in the next few weeks.

Celebrating five years of PlayStation VR – PlayStation.Blog