This is a thread for PS+ (PS Plus) members

Thanks for the info. I’ve decided to install The Council and give it a try. I’m really enjoying it. It’s decision based adventure with a simple RPG/career system woven into it. Skillchecks enable or disable dialogue and interaction options. Dialogue choices also open or close paths. The game has a clear structure. After every quest, there’s a report about the decisions you’ve made and the things you’ve missed because of it. You get XP, level up, etc.

Choices & consequences are generously used from the very beginning. Graphics, sound and interface are good enough. The game uses a historic setting. You’ll meet Napoleon and George Washington, among others, in a beautiful manor on an isolated island. Then mysterious things happen …
I’m more than happy so far. Of course The Council isn’t the best game ever, but it’s a competent effort full of character.

New with ++ next week:

• Back for Blood
  • Devil May Cry 5
  • Dragon Ball Fighters
  • Erica
  • Jett the Far Shore
  • Just Cuase 4
  • Life is Strange
  • Life is Strange Before the Storm
  • Omno

Old with +++:

• Hot Shots Golf 2
  • Star Wars Demolition
  • Syphon Filter 3

Leaving next month:

• Agatha Christie ABC
  • Book of Unwritten Tales 2
  • GTA Vice City
  • Rad Rodgers
  • Sine Mora
  • Skydrift Infinity
  • Sparkle Unleashed
  • the Turing Test

Turing Test is the best of the bunch IMO.

The usual leaker has leaked February.

Really glad I paused the Humble Choice this month, I was going to get that just for Olli Olli World.

Same! I paused because I hoped to find a good deal on it for consoles, specifically. How fortuitous.

The leak was confirmed again, and Sony quietly mentioned that the PS Plus collection is coming to an end. We have until May 9th to claim the games on a PS5, if we own one.

D’oh. Oh well, to refresh my memory, here was the PS Collection again, I’ve bolded the games I don’t own.

• Batman: Arkham Knight
  • Battlefield 1
  • Bloodborne
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops 3
  • Crash Bandicoot: N-Sane Trilogy
  • Days Gone
  • Detroit: Become Human
  • Fallout 4
  • Final Fantasy 15 Royal Edition
  • God of War (2018)
  • Infamous: Second Son
  • Monster Hunter: World
  • Mortal Kombat X
  • Persona 5
  • Ratchet & Clank (2016)
  • Resident Evil 7 biohazard
  • The Last Guardian
  • The Last of Us Remastered
  • Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End
  • Until Dawn

Oh well, I didn’t particularly want those games anyway, which is why I don’t own them already.

Persona 5 they took out of the collection a while ago. I hate the whole claiming the free stuff nonsense. Like each month I have to make sure I click on the new free games or I don’t get them. Obviously it’s not a big deal, but just seems silly.

I’m not personally impacted, but I’m a little surprised that they aren’t keeping their first party games at least. They can’t be losing much revenue from sales of Infamous: Second Son. I guess they don’t want to cannibalize sales of rereleases and remasters?

I think the original licensing deals are probably just expiring and Xbox game pass hasn’t proven enough of a threat to ps5 sales to renegotiate for extensions. Makes more sense to focus on PS Plus Extra going forward.

Good Month Warning

Next with ++

• Ace Combat 7 *
  • Borderlands 3 *
  • Earth Defense Force 5
  • Horizon Forbidden West
  • I am Setsuna
  • Lost Sphear
  • Oninaki
  • Outriders
  • Quarry
  • Resident Evil 7 *
  • Scarlet Nexus
  • Tekken 7 *
  • The Forgotten City

Old with +++

• Destroy All Humans
  • Harvest Moon Back to Nature
  • Legend of Dragoon
  • Wild Arms 2

Games with a * are titles returning to the service.

I didn’t have a chance to finish RE7, Nexus or Forgotten City before they left gamepass, so I’m looking forward to playing them some more. I’m pretty sure I bought all these classics on PS3 :)

Huh, that’s four games arriving to PS++ that I’ve bought. It’s tempting to just subscribe, play whatever wins that lottery, and stop purchasing for myself. What holds me back is the feeling that I’m not helping developers of the stuff I really enjoy make more.

Going deeper, I worry subscription services are akin to private equity firms, which will buy companies only to leverage them for debt, sell off profitable chunks, and escape the ruins. I.e., not actually good for anyone in the industry.

Pretty nice month. Outriders, Scarlet Nexus, and Ace Combat 7 are all pretty cool games, so check those out if you haven’t already. I’m interested in The Forgotten City and The Quarry, but I own a lot of the others. Classic lineup is great as well.

Horizon Forbidden West showing up exactly one year after release is interesting, and I wonder if that’s what they’ll target for their first-party stuff. Would seem to be a reasonable middle ground between Xbox’s day-1 availability and their previous focus on protecting retail purchases. I enjoyed the first game, so will definitely check this one out at some point.

Besides that, a bunch of stuff that was previously on Game Pass and that I already played my fill of there, but good value for people who only have one or the other service.

Well I can’t complain about that lineup. I’m stoked about The Quarry as I would have bought it at some point.

I think this is just a one time thing. They’re releasing PSVR2 with a Horizon game at the same time, and have DLC coming in a couple months.

We still haven’t seen Sackboy or Knack 2 yet, or Ratchet & Clank Newgame.

Oh, wow! When I read that list I assumed it was the original Horizon game. That’s awesome!

I’m also kinda excited about Borderlands 3. Before I got my PS5, that was one of the last physical PS4 games I owned. I played a couple of hours, but gave up because the performance was atrocious. I wouldn’t have bought it again, but will play through it if it’s on Plus.

Apparently this is a cult classic that I should be checking out.

I just hope I can take the graphics. PS1 era graphics were hard for me to stomach back in that era. I much preferred PC or N64 graphics at the time. Hopefully I can stomach them better in 2023.

Don’t buy Battlefield 2042 if you’ve been thinking about it and own a PS5.

Ah, good, I knew my refusal to buy it for my son (I didn’t like it, and I knew he’d play for three hours and be back to COD) would pay off eventually. I just assumed it’d be coming to Game Pass.

Speaking of Game Pass, kind of crazy to see a Microsoft game as part of the PS Plus lineup. :)

It’s been on game pass since Nov 22nd. All three of those games have been on game pass a long time. I think Code Vein just left recently.

You’re aware like twice as many people have PS Plus as have GamePass, right?